ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock B550 Taichi - BIOS problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeaChri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock B550 Taichi - BIOS problems
    Posted: 15 Feb 2024 at 7:03pm
Hello everyone

I have a weird problem I've never had with an ASRock motherboard before. To describe the problem in more detail:

When I update the BIOS on the ASRock B550 Taichi Motherboard to version 2.62, shutting the PC down and let it sit for more than to hours, the PC doesn't turn on unless I switch the PSU off/on first. This problem doesn't exist with BIOS version older than 2.62.
The Problem starts at Version 2.62 persists with 3.20 and even with the newest BIOS version 3.40. The PC doesn't show any signs of life if I turn it on. So no fans spinning, no debug codes. Just nothing. Only after I switch the PSU button off and on again the PC turns on and runs totally fine after that.
I tested it. Which means I updated the BIOS step by step to see when this problem occurs. With BIOS Version 2.10, 2.20 and 2.30 the PC turns on normally. Which is just weird.

What I tried:
- tested this with a different PSU but that didn't change anything.
- pressing the Motherboard power button instead of the case power button. same thing.
- jump the power pins on motherboard. same thing.
- took the motherboard out of the case, only one stick of ram, cpu, power, a different CPU cooler (air cooling). same thing.
- Enabled Deep Sleep in S4-S5. same thing.
- disabled fast start up in windows (a suggestion from reddit). same.

I'm at a loss here.
Since the PC turns on normally with BIOS versions older than 2.62 and is running totally fine I could just leave it at that. Nevertheless I really want to know what could cause this. I've found nothing describing my problem with google or on reddit (I've made a post on reddit too describing this problem).

What could a newer BIOS do that causes the PC to only turn on after I switch the PSU off and on again? Is the Motherboard somehow faulty? Is some kind of protection kicking in? But why does this only occur at BIOS Version 2.62 and newer?

Any Ideas?

my other PC components:

PSU: Seasonic Vertex GX 1000W
GPU: Sapphire Nitro 7900XT
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (2x16GB, 3600)
Case: Be quiet Shadow Base 800 FX

Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic