ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

DeskMini 310 "UEFI Defaults have been loaded"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malejandrodev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DeskMini 310 "UEFI Defaults have been loaded"
    Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 4:29pm
After power interruptions I am getting this message at startup and the computer does not continue to start windows (unless you press F1). The problem is that it is a remote computer in a far away place.

I configured the bios so that the boot after a power interruption is automatic and without intervention but this error changes the bios parameters to the default ones.

These are the parameters that I configure in the bios:

Advanced / Chipset Configuration / Restore on AC/Power Loss = Power On
Advanced / ACPI Configuration / I219 LAN Power On = Enabled
Advanced / ACPI Configuration / USB Keyboard/Remote Power On = Enabled
Advanced / ACPI Configuration / USB Mouse Power On = Enabled
Boot / Boot Failure Guard Message = Disabled

I think the option is not being respected: "Boot Failure Guard Message".

How can I prevent the bios settings from being erased so that I can start Windows unattended?

On some occasions after power outages the computer does not turn on. Pressing the power button does not generate any reaction. A dead device. I have only been able to solve it by resetting the bios by disconnecting the battery or by bridging the contacts (Clear CMOS Pad).

The problem is not solved by replacing it with a new 3v battery.

I believe that the problem that generates the "UEFI Defaults have been loaded" screen occurs when there are several power outages of less than 1 second. When the power outage is longer than 1 second, the computer turns on without problems. When it is less than one second, the "UEFI Defaults have been loaded" screen appears or the device simply does not turn on. In that last case, the only way to bring it back to life is to reset the bios physically by joining the CMOS pins on the motherboard.
Do you know if there is any way to avoid this problem? For now I'm trying to solve it with a UPS.

This problem happens to me with all the Deskmini 310 computers that I have bought (I have 5) and with other Deskmini 110 (I have 6).

The serial number of one of the devices is D9HTXA007409
The BIOS version I use is the most current: 4.40.

I've had this problem for months. Unfortunately I have had to replace the ASROCK equipment with other DELL Micro or HP Mini which withstand power outages without problems.
??

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic