ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wrong resolution in UEFI setup menu A620M-HDV/M.2+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wrong resolution in UEFI setup menu A620M-HDV/M.2+

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote look997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wrong resolution in UEFI setup menu A620M-HDV/M.2+
    Posted: 23 Feb 2024 at 6:54am

Wrong resolution in UEFI setup menu in A620M-HDV/M.2+.

I have a problem with screen resolution in the UEFI setup menu of my motherboard.

UEFI displays in 1080x720 resolution, even if the graphics card supports Full HD (and more) and the monitor also.

The "Full HD" setting in the UEFI setup is set to "Auto" and not to "Disabled", so I see no reason why the resolution should not automatically be set to full HD.

Do you know a way to fix this, or to manually force the full HD resolution? Thanks.

It's best if it supports 2560x1440 165 Hz, the same as on my monitor, because then it doesn't have to change parameters when turning on the desktop from the UEFI start screen (it takes as long as 6 seconds on my monitor! - I've already reported it to Gigabyte).

I have CSM turned off (because this topic was discussed here), and it doesn't matter.

Gigabyte M32QC monitor connected DisplayPort (in the desktop I use 2560x1440 165 Hz)
GeForce RTX 3060 Ti graphics
ASRock A620MHDV/M.2+ motherboard
Ryzen 5 7500F processor
Memory 32 GB RAM
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 10:34am
720p is HD resolution...altough i would wecome resolution picker aswell as uefi supports multiiple resolutions..in mine case it goes into 4k and booting stuffs like memtest looks like super tiny small window
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic