ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z97M Pro4 RAID 5 rebuild/recovery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sstainba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z97M Pro4 RAID 5 rebuild/recovery
    Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 8:52pm
I have a Z97M Pro4 motherboard... Is there any documentation on how to recover/rebuild a RAID 5 array once a disk is lost?  I only see documentation on setting up the array, nothing about recovery.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by sstainba sstainba wrote:

I have a Z97M Pro4 motherboard... Is there any documentation on how to recover/rebuild a RAID 5 array once a disk is lost?  I only see documentation on setting up the array, nothing about recovery.

Do you have the IRST Windows software installed? The Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver and utility ver:14.6.0.1029. You might have a slightly different version installed, which does not matter.

If you do, there will be an entry for it in Control Panel.

When you run this software, at the top of its display on the right side, find the Help button. If you click that, a new window will open that is all the IRST documentation. There is a large amount of information provided, so you'll need to find what you are looking for. I am certain the information is there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic