ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Budget Mini-ITX build

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Euro_Bucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Budget Mini-ITX build
    Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 1:48am
In this thread, I will show how outdated my PC is on gaming especially with these new games line-up recently released. The build that I recently used playing Battlefield 4 and Dota 2 to name a few.
Like every other gamer around, I would also like to play Battlefield 1 and Overwatch.
I really hope this would be upgraded with the help of Asrock's support.

Here's a quick specification. 

Processor: Intel Core i3 3240 (LGA 1155)
Motherboard: Foxconn H61S mini ITX 
GPU: Zotac GTX 650 
Memory: Avexir Blitz 1.1 16Gb @ 1600mhz
Hard disk: Western Digital 320Gb 7200 rpm
Case: Sharkoon QB-One ITX

I chose to had an Mini ITX build since I wanted a small build to fit in my small table. Also the idea of being portable so I could bring it to a friends home and have a lan party that's why I decided to build one. But it never happened. Instead, made myself a mini heater infront of me while gaming and felt all the heat that came from a wrong decision.

In a mini ITX build, you enjoy having a cute PC that you could almost place everywhere, but, in exchange of a better airflow that which is essential when you play PC stressing games which in my case, Battlefield 4. In this picture you'll notice how tight the components are place and I could only install one 120mm fan to cool everything.

I would build a new system soon and this time I would make a bigger one, a MATX build at least.
That Zotac GTX 650 has done too much for me, enough it deserves retirement. I'm eyeing for a GTX 1060 or an RX 480 as a replacement. 

Wow, this case from Phanteks looks stunning. And the only motherboard that would best fit in there is an ASRock B150M Pro4/Hyper.

I really wish ASRock support could help me with this one.  I know everyone want something free, but not everyone could make good use of it like I can. 

Also here's some examples of review and unboxings I did.

Thank you ASRock and more power!

Edited by Euro_Bucks - 21 Jul 2016 at 2:07am
ASRock_News View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ASRock_News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 10:55am
First!!!
First post usually gets more attention by us LOL

and just some a tip
Why not explain more about what's the difference between H61 & B150, and also how much the motherboard changes over the years (spec wise), why are these new features is going to benefit your build?

Wish you luck Wink

najiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 8:20pm
Nice build and good plan! Love a white theme too! KEEP IT Up!
Euro_Bucks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Euro_Bucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 12:57pm
... double post sorry

Edited by Euro_Bucks - 24 Jul 2016 at 1:01pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Euro_Bucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by ASRock_News ASRock_News wrote:

First!!!
First post usually gets more attention by us LOL

and just some a tip
Why not explain more about what's the difference between H61 & B150, and also how much the motherboard changes over the years (spec wise), why are these new features is going to benefit your build?

Wish you luck Wink

well as they say, early bird catches the worm, well i hope that is also applicable in this contest LOL

thank you

whenever a new chipset is released, it comes with more and better feature.
from sandy bridge to skylake architecture you got a lot of benefits. from increased performance, to power draw, to tdp, everything. that makes gen 2 to gen 5 is definitely a worthy upgrade.

when it comes to motherboard, you got tons of difference between h61 and b150 chipsets, and by difference, it means upgrades in performance, features and functions. 
i will take ASRock's B150M Pro4/Hyper as an example. it supports the all new, much efficient DDR4 ram technology, pci-e 3 and sli/crossfire technology, never saw an h61 board handle, in my opinion. USB 3.0 whereas the old h61 has 2.0. UEFI mode, i think this is very rare in h61. Ultra M.2? that is the bomb right there. 
what else?
upgraded hd graphics, better audio, better lan, better storage features, better expansion and connectivity.
ASRock's B150M Pro4/Hyper is also more stable and reliable with protection features and that good-looking i/o armor. it also comes with pre installed tuning apps, protection, monitoring and overclocking apps that you will never in an H61 motherboard.

and oh, the design of course. as the chipset upgrades, the motherboards' look gets better as well. 

now, do i need all of these in my new build?

Definitely. Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Euro_Bucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by najiro najiro wrote:

Nice build and good plan! Love a white theme too! KEEP IT Up!

thanks man! while everyone is busy building everything RGB, i will make mine as clean as white!

Edited by Euro_Bucks - 24 Jul 2016 at 1:01pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic