ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [Z790M-ITX WiFi] Can't install Windows on NVME SSD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[Z790M-ITX WiFi] Can't install Windows on NVME SSD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Z790M-ITX WiFi] Can't install Windows on NVME SSD
    Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 1:16am
I have ASRock Z790M-ITX WiFi. I have just one SSD - it's M.2 WD Black SN850X NVMe.
Whenever I try to install Windows 11 (from pendrive), I get info that no drives where found, and I can install drivers to potentially find drives.

I tried following https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1236&title=how-to-install-windows-on-a-pcie-ssd, but no success there.

What I had tried (and failed):
1. Update BIOS to latest stable (v10.05)
2. Update BIOS to beta (v11.05)
3. Enable VMD mode in BIOS - when I did that, I was able to select Intel RapidStorage driver during Windows installation. Unfortunately, selecting that driver, does not make the SSD discoverable
4. Enable VMD with Global mapping in BIOS - when I did that, I was able to select 2 drivers (one with "Management") - selecting them does not help
5. Enable CSM and setting all options to "UEFI only"
6. Disable Secure Boot
7. Disable SATA
8. Boot into Fedora Linux and format my SSD as NTFS - Windows installer still doesn't see it

Is there anything else I could try?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic