ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock X99 OC Formula Error Debug Code 19/b0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock X99 OC Formula Error Debug Code 19/b0
    Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 8:51am
I recently acquired an oc formula (not the 3.1 one) and I get error code 19 which sometime (rarely) flashes to b0.
According to asrocks site both of these are ram errors and says to reseat the cpu and ram.

I am using an 5820k and 16GB (2x 8GB) of hyperx fury 2666 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820104573 .
That ram model is pretty much the only one not on asrocks ram support list for this board.

Tried slot A1 only, same thing and the same for every other slot.
I tried clearing cmos both the rear button, the 2 pins, pulled battery, ect... and it still gives error 19.
I reseated the cpu, no pins bent or anything that looks weird in the socket, and still error 19.

Now here's were thing get interesting, with no ram installed, error 19 still pops up. Is that normal?

In any case I ordered this ram set which is on support list and was even shown in one of asrocks video (then one where they pour water/ice/ln2 on the mobo)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211954

Would this allow the board to boot?
Still concerned about that 19 error even with no ram which I believe is supposed to display error 53 instead.
JeffP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 11:00am
I was having the same type of issue with my new Z170 gaming I7 main board and gskill DDR4 ram, when I set the memory to use xmp 2.0 and didn't over clock the cpu, I would get a memory/cpu error, this is on 2 almost identical systems. what worked was over clocking the CPU and setting the memory to 3100 mhz  and xmp 2, (mine is 3400). I read somewhere is that the issue is not enough voltage to the RAM, you have to increase the voltage, so OC and using 3400 settings from the xmp 2, but setting the memory manually to 3100, it gets more voltage and its working perfect
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 11:13am
According to Kingston the kit you have, HX426C15FBK2/16, is compatible with this board.
http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search?DeviceType=7&Mfr=ASR&Line=Motherboard&Model=90400

By chance is your MBs "Slow Mode Switch" and or "LN2 Mode Switch" mistakenly set to On?

Edited by wardog - 25 Jul 2016 at 11:14am
Joe88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 11:22am
on asrocks site that model is missing

LN2 / slow mide switches are off

The board does not post and just shows error 19 as soon as you power on the board.

Edited by Joe88 - 25 Jul 2016 at 11:23am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Joe88 Joe88 wrote:

The board does not post and just shows error 19 as soon as you power on the board.

No MB manufacturer has the wherewithal to test all memory, upon a MBs pre-release nor after initial production begins. The memory manufacturers themselves do. And to keep and maintain a User access able database via the web with which to check. Or that is if they want to sell their product, memory.

With a bright light and possibly a magnifying glass, age dependent :), look into each memory slot for pins that may be deformed and crossed electrically.

Failing  that, and you're 100% on the socket contacts, I'd RMA it back to the original PoP or ASRock.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 1:33pm
Coming back to this.......

Check that your cooler and or its mounting hardware isn't shorting somewhere front and or back, that the correct assembly parts are/were used, AND that it isn't over-tightened upon the processor.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 1:38pm
Or, I know I know, that no add-on cards and or anything between the MB and case mountings are shorting.

An out of the case minimal build I guess is order at this point.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic