ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Compatibility from box of B450

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Compatibility from box of B450
    Posted: 03 Mar 2024 at 9:01pm
Hello, I'm going to build ITX PC but I'm facing with a choice between two motherboards Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac and A520M-ITX/ac they are almost in the same price but I'm worrying if B450 will support Ryzen 5 5600g from the box. Can you help me and explain what to choose. Thank you for help.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 12:58am
The A520 board will have a higher chance to support the 5600g out of the box but
even there, it is not guaranteed as the 5600g requires BIOS version P1.60 which is
not the base BIOS for the board.

The B450 will be a more feature rich board than the A520 given the A520 is a budget
chipset. The risk is that the B450 will require a much newer BIOS and the likelihood
of receiving old stock with an outdated BIOS is much higher.

At the end of the day, I always try to purchase my boards from a physical store
where I can ask for the board to be updated at the time of purchase. Most stores
will have the facilities to do so. If that is not possible I am afraid it's down
to luck what is sent out to you via an online order.
Strata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 3:08am
Thank you, I'm really thankful for your help, I heard about bios update kit that AMD can send a 220G kit to update bios
Strata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 3:57am
I think I'm going with the A520 if this online store does not have BIOS update ability - it's more likely that it will support that Ryzen from the box
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic