ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old AMD PC needs am upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfa_id2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old AMD PC needs am upgrade
    Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 5:07pm
This is my old PC, I used to play games with it but since I'm getting busier and busier ion my work, I don't game with it that often anymore, it's been almost 5 years since I last upgrade it 

Looks crap I know, but I just don't care how it looks

It is running with a AMD Phenom X4 945 and DDR3 1333 4GB memory, so it is slow as hell, I think it doesn't even has SATAIII, so trying to get more speed by getting a SSD? not happening 

Very old seasonic power supply, got to say seasonic really can build good PSU back then

AMD CPU is a byword for overheating, adding a bigger cooler is a must

so here are some points why I need an upgrade:
1. AMD CPU slow as f*ck and produce lots of heat, great heater though
2. My MB is too old, no SATAIII/M.2 so it is very slow, no point to get a SSD and run SATAII speed
3. No USB3.1 even USB3.0, imagine how slow it is to transfer a 5GB video 
4. I don't play games any more, probably getting rid of the graphic card and just use the IGP instead, I heard intel and some great result on their new skylake CPUs
5. DDR3 1333 is just too old, no point to upgrade my current memory to 8GB when the price of DDR3 & DDR4 are currently about the same, if I wanted to buy more Rams, it will be DDR4

With that been said, I wish I could have a H170 Performance/Hyper from ASRock, it has M.2, 4*DDR4 DIMMs, lots of graphis out put to chose and something called "Hyper BCLK Engine", further more, the color scheme looks so nice!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic