ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some questions about Z690 Phantom Gaming 4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rambosix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some questions about Z690 Phantom Gaming 4
    Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 6:58pm
I have Intel i5 14600KF - ASRock Z690 Phantom Gaming 4 - 2X32GB (64GB) Patriot Viper 3200mhz DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super

Compared to my old PC that I had on my old PC X79 Extreme 3 motherboard, there are many differences and I'm trying to understand how it works better.

In old pc in the bios I had set the frequency of the ddr3 and the system changed them or at most it didn't work and I just had to restart to change the parameters again, but on new pc even just by enabling xmp, before starting windows it remains on a black screen for a long time, even more than 10 minutes and sometimes I am forced to restart many times before being able to enter the bios. But after the first time that it starts, everything works normally.
Now if I want to change some parameters in the bios it can happen again that I am left with the black screen for a long time so I'm afraid to go in and change something.

Tthe voltages, especially that of the RAM, I changed it manually and it worked as I set it, now with the new PC it no longer corresponds, it is lower than the one set by me or by xmp. Even under stress the voltage remains less and less.

https://imgur.com/a/PqCumHE
https://imgur.com/a/sBA864x

Mainly I would like to undervolt the CPU to heat less, but I would like to understand why the screen remains black for too long and if by increasing the voltage I would no longer have this problem, in any case I would like to do some tests but without being stuck every time without being able to enter the bios.
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic