ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock H110M-DGS No USB. Win7 Ult

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abrogard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock H110M-DGS No USB. Win7 Ult
    Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 3:25pm
I just installed Win7 on this new H110M and it is working.  But there is no USB.

It was a big hassle installing.  It wouldn't read the USB bootable I had.  It wouldn't see USB mouse and keyboard.

I finished up using a PS/2 mouse and keyboard and a SATA DVD drive.   Installed win7ult from that.

Now I've taken the PS/2 stuff out and now it sees the USB keyboard and the USB mouse.

But it doesn't see anything else I put in a USB port.  So I can't put stuff in there - like drivers for my wireless network card - if  I don't have it on DVD.

If I change anything in the BIOS like legacy USB support or PS/2 emulation it all stops working.

I looked at that thread about Intel series 100 boards and  all it says it set the PS/2 emulator and then you'll get Windows installed and then you can set it back.

Doesn't work for me.  

The board sees the USB sticks I put in just like it sees the mouse and keyboard at boot up when I have changed something in the BIOS that makes it not see them when Windows comes up.  

Why does it do this?  It sees things and then denies it can see them?

What can I do?

Iona401 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iona401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 10:27pm
UP! I, too, today I bought a motherboard ASRock H110M-DGS, installed Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, in BIOS keyboard and mouse working, an in Windows they are not working and flash drive not read , I can not install the driver ethernet for driver downloading. 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Iona401 Iona401 wrote:

UP! I, too, today I bought a motherboard ASRock H110M-DGS, installed Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, in BIOS keyboard and mouse working, an in Windows they are not working and flash drive not read , I can not install the driver ethernet for driver downloading. 

http://www.asrock.com/microsite/win7install/

Iona401 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iona401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 1:10am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

I did everything in the manual. Nothing changed. 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 9:39am

Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

I did everything in the manual. Nothing changed. 

Lost me. In the Manual?

Did you follow the pages instructions I linked above or use the "Solution B' listed farther down on the page?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 10:44am
Any and all of the Intel 100 series chipset boards will ONLY use a USB 3.0 driver for ALL of the USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports. That is an Intel thing, and is true for Intel 100 series chipset boards made by ANY manufacture.

Since Windows 7 installation media (disks, ISO) do not have a USB 3.0 driver built in, the driver cannot be installed, and none of the USB ports work during and immediately after the installation.

On the H110M-DGS information page, and all the other ASRock, Intel 100 series chipset boards, on the Overview page there is a How to install Windows 7 picture-link to information about installing Win 7, right under the pictures of the board.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110M-DGS/

I must say it is not obvious you should click that link, as nothing else about this situation is on these pages, but the link to the information is there. I also must say I have seen very little about this written in mother board reviews, and reviews of the Skylake processors/chipsets. So it remains somewhat obscure information. Ouch
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 4:52pm
Dear abrogard,

Greetings, this is ASRock TSD.

Because IntelĀ® N3000/J3000 Series SoC and 100 Series have removed their support for the Enhanced Host Controller Interface, so USB2.0 doesn't work during Windows 7 installation process.

Please refer following steps to install the Windows 7: 

If you have a DVD-drive: 
1. Please set "PS/2 Simulator" item to "Enabled" in BIOS.
(BIOS -> Advanced -> USB Configuration -> PS/2 Simulator)
2. Please use Windows 7 installation disk to install the Windows 7.
3. Please install the drivers by support CD.
4. Please set "PS/2 Simulator" item back to "Disabled" after you finish the driver installation. 

If you don't have a DVD-drive, please follow below link to create a Windows 7 installation USB stick.

Thanks!

All the best,
ASRock TSD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic