ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIOS update might have broken my mobo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Expjumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BIOS update might have broken my mobo
    Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 3:55am
So I tried to do a bios update... yea I feel like you know where this is going. Got the update from the website and downloaded it onto a 2gb usb. Made sure it was the .rom file. Booted into the bios and selected intant flash. The USB and its file was recognized and I started the download. Download complete and it gave me the message to "press enter to reboot", or something along those lines and so it did. It sat on a black screen for about 10 minutes. My rgb lights on my cooler and ram where on with fans spinning. I didn't know what else to do but a hard reset. Now all I get when I try and boot is the lights on my cooler and ram sticks are on, fans spin, black screen, no power to my mouse or keyboard, and the dram red lights on my motherboard is on. If I leave it running for a minute or so it tries to reboot with same response. I have tried removing cmos battery multiple times now with no change. I have tried booting with 2 ram stickers instead of 4. I don't think my asrock mobo has a backup bios. Anything else you can think of that I should try or is my mobo bricked? My specs: asrock b760 pro rs, rtx 4070 12gb, intel i7 14700k, 64gb Ram 6400 speed, EVGA 800 watt psu, corsair icue ih150 360mm cooler
M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 12:25am
im not sure if this is how the bios upgrade in 'instant flash' lookes like. Mine ASRock board boots into the bios and displays the progress (so there is still a hope the start of the flash process failed). So try reseting cmos and booting with minimal components.

If you are right and you broke the flash procedure than you go to pc repair shop to flash the chip or do it yourself using suitable bios chip programmer.
asrock b650m/hdv.m2, ryzen 7700x@85watt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic