ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B650e steel legend really unstable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B650e steel legend really unstable
    Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 5:38pm
Hello,

After months of trying to fix my issue, I come to you guys to ask for some help.

I have a really unstable system and constant nvidia driver crash that corrupt W11.
I suspect the RAM to be part of the problem but I am open to subjection.

I did update bios to 2.02 nvidia driver (through DDU) reinstall W11 try to run the RAM at stock settings and many more other things to no avail so far.

My specs:

Custom water loop (CPU WB, GPU WBx2, 2x rads and a combo pump/res from EK)
Case: Lian-li O11D
PSU: Corsair 1000W RMI
MB: B650e steel legend wifi
CPU: 7800X3D
GPU: 3090FTW ultra
Ram: 2x32GB G skill trident Z5 neo (F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5N)
NVME: samsung evo

I sincerely hope that someone can give me a hint on what's going on and every angle is welcome

The system has been upgraded from an old I7 6700k with a Z270x gaming 7 and 4x8gb of DDR3. The previous system was working perfectly without any crashes from Nvidia driver ever.

The issue has to be related to the new CPU, mobo or RAM I suppose. Possibly my lack of experience with AMD due to my previous AMD system being on athlon 64 back in the 2000's.

Many thanks in advance for your input ;)
M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2024 at 7:11pm
just test the component stability using furmark (gpu) or aida64 (ram,cpu)

you can boot this system using iGPU and test the ram. If it succeds its the GPU faulty.

Do you have any cpu undervolt pbo set?
asrock b650m/hdv.m2, ryzen 7700x@85watt
Kood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 3:56am
Thanks for the tips about the iGPU.
I didn't even think about it.

Well, I did test to launch my favorite game using the iGPU and I encounter 4 crashes in 15mn (nvlddmkm error on log event).
That's about the same amount as usual when using my 3090.
The GPU is probably not in cause then

note: I don't use any pbo or co or any sort of overclocking. Just the RAM expo profile. (RAM running 4800mhz has no impact on the crashes)
I did the iGPU test with the latest bios for my mobo (2.10).
M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 4:47am
Originally posted by Kood Kood wrote:

Thanks for the tips about the iGPU.
I didn't even think about it.

Well, I did test to launch my favorite game using the iGPU and I encounter 4 crashes in 15mn (nvlddmkm error on log event).
That's about the same amount as usual when using my 3090.
The GPU is probably not in cause then

nvlddmkm is an nvidia file. Have you removed the GPU completely?

anyway - you can now test the rest of the components (without the GPU you ruled out) using AIDA64 or prime95 to be sure.
Kood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2024 at 3:21am
Originally posted by M440 M440 wrote:

nvlddmkm is an nvidia file. Have you removed the GPU completely?

anyway - you can now test the rest of the components (without the GPU you ruled out) using AIDA64 or prime95 to be sure.

I did 30mn of furmark 2.0 and got no error or crash. Temp was pretty damn hot but the 3090 took it like a champ.

I was wrong when I told you that I ran the game with the iGPU. Connecting the display port on the motherboard did not do the trick. I had to attribute the iGPU under the game option on windows to be able to actually run it.
Could not really test on the game due to the fps tanking below 10 and it was unplayable

I need to investigate on the gpu side but I need to find the motivation to flush my loop and disassemble half of it to check if the gpu is properly seated.

If the issue is related to the GPU, it could only be that I suppose. The 3090 was working perfectly before I upgraded the rest of the pc. That or the riser of the ekwb vertical mount kit
M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2024 at 9:49am
if you run furmark for 30 mins, i dont think GPU is a problem in itself.

Could you please run the rest of components stability test like AIDA64

Kood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 2:52am
Following my instinct, I finaly decided to flush my loop, take out my GPU, inspect my riser and reinstall my GPU.
Problem solved!!

Issue was definition a bad contact in the connection side of thing with the GPU.

A really big thank you for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic