ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boot looping no post Z790

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enrikansen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boot looping no post Z790
    Posted: 05 Apr 2024 at 7:25pm
Hi Everyone,

Hoping for some input here.

My system ran fine for the last half a year, 2 days ago I one afternoon powered off my system, and the next day is was stuck in boot looping with no post. I believe I might have had automatic updates on Asrock Software and other Software.

I have tried quite a few things, I suspect that my motherboard is corrupted hardware of software wise.. When I boot it all fan spins and light up but CPU/DRAM led light up, moving rams around or removing them does nothing, unplugging the cpu power breaks the bootlooping but the system of course still don't get me to post then.

ASRock Z790 RIPTIDE WIFI Bundkort - Intel Z790
Intel Core i9-14900KF Raptor Lake-S CPU - 24
Inno3D GeForce RTX 4090 X3 OC - 24GB GDDR6X RAM
Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5-7000 C36 DC - 48GB
Samsung 990 PRO SSD PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 - 2TB
ASUS ROG STRIX 1000G Strømforsyning - 1000 Watt
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB - CPU
Lian Li UNI FAN SL-INF 120 Black- 3 pack
Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut - 1g
M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by enrikansen enrikansen wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Hoping for some input here.

My system ran fine for the last half a year, 2 days ago I one afternoon powered off my system, and the next day is was stuck in boot looping with no post. I believe I might have had automatic updates on Asrock Software and other Software.

is it boot looping at bios post or during OS startup? os automatic software updates have nothing to do with bios post

reset cmos. pull out any unnecessary components and try

are you sure the water cooling is ok?

Edited by M440 - 06 Apr 2024 at 11:59pm
asrock b650m/hdv.m2, ryzen 7700x@85watt
enrikansen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enrikansen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2024 at 6:48pm
Hi,

I don't even get to the bios post - screen stays black.

I've tried to reset cmos, both with battery removal and screwdriver connecting the jumper(Didn't have a cap)

The water cooling is half a year old, the pump seems to be running as it should.

Thanks for the questions.
M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2024 at 7:55pm
Definitely not a software problem.

If water cooling is ok, coolant is there and there are no leaks, proceed to check the hardware with minimal components (no GPU, 1 ram stick) to diagnose which one failed.
asrock b650m/hdv.m2, ryzen 7700x@85watt
enrikansen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enrikansen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2024 at 8:29pm
I believe it's a faulty motherboard, at least I have returned it by now - so the technicians will check - if it's faulty of course I get a new one, if it wasn't the motherboard they will bill me for the spend time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic