ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unable to update BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWiX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unable to update BIOS
    Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 8:19pm
Hi @ all
On my X99M extreme4 (bios 1.90), win10 64, unable de to update it to any other version.
Instant flash don't find the file on my usb stick (fat or fat32 formated)
Internet flash fails at 10% and says no connection available. (Tryed it with lan cable on each port.

Any ideas ?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by TWiX TWiX wrote:

Hi @ all
On my X99M extreme4 (bios 1.90), win10 64, unable de to update it to any other version.
Instant flash don't find the file on my usb stick (fat or fat32 formated)
Internet flash fails at 10% and says no connection available. (Tryed it with lan cable on each port.

Any ideas ?

Did you unzip/extract the UEFI/BIOS file, from the Instant Flash download file for your board?

This is the BIOS download page for your board, the USA ASRock website:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X99M%20Extreme4/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

In Windows, left click on the Instant Flash BIOS download file, select Extract All, and follow the prompts for the location of the extracted BIOS file. Do this procedure on the PC's drive, not on the USB flash drive.

Once you have the extracted BIOS file, copy it to the main folder of the USB flash drive. The USB flash drive must be formatted as FAT32.

Put the USB flash drive into a USB 2.0 port on the board's IO panel. If you are already in the BIOS, restart the PC into the BIOS again, and then start Instant Flash. Instant Flash should see the extracted BIOS file fine.

Internet Flash may not work, depending upon your network connection type. Windows 10 is known for having networking issues. When using Internet Flash, you must put a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive into a USB 2.0 port on the board's IO panel.

TWiX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWiX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 1:02am

Did you unzip/extract the UEFI/BIOS file, from the Instant Flash download file for your board? Yes

This is the BIOS download page for your board, the USA ASRock website:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X99M%20Extreme4/?cat=Download&os=BIOS OK

In Windows, left click on the Instant Flash BIOS download file, select Extract All, and follow the prompts for the location of the extracted BIOS file. Do this procedure on the PC's drive, not on the USB flash drive. Did like this

Once you have the extracted BIOS file, copy it to the main folder of the USB flash drive. The USB flash drive must be formatted as FAT32. Done

Put the USB flash drive into a USB 2.0 port on the board's IO panel. If you are already in the BIOS, restart the PC into the BIOS again, and then start Instant Flash. Instant Flash should see the extracted BIOS file fine. Ok, but it still doesn't see anything

Internet Flash may not work, depending upon your network connection type. Windows 10 is known for having networking issues. When using Internet Flash, you must put a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive into a USB 2.0 port on the board's IO panel. It doesn't find my internet (auto DHCP) acces

I'm sure I did everything right but i can't get to it.. (I'm pretty experimented)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic