ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strange spots on back of Motherboard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ramzeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strange spots on back of Motherboard
    Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 2:22am
Hi, i received an Asrock Motherboard and it is having issues.
At the back of the board i noticed some weird spots.
i uploaded some images here:
https://ibb.co/vm44nVh
https://ibb.co/HnVkZSv

In a way it looks like some one had very dirty fingers.
But there is a bit of a system in the spots, it is mainly near to power connectors.
Could it be some sort of protective coating?
Or is it from the soldering?
It is or at least should be a new board from newegg, but it does not really look normal to me, i never saw something like this on a mainboard.
What do you think?
Should i try to clean and remove it?

The issue are that the board does not post and i get code f.f. Nothing else, fans spin, for about 15 seconds, go down, and then go up again.
I already tried: reseating cpu, memory, different cpu, booting without any peripherals (no monitor, mouse etc.), without memory, with memory, cmos reset, booting without battery, with battery, other psu, other cables. always code ff almost instantly after pressing the power button. the BMC-GUI and ipmi do not give any error messages. Only power on without cpu does not give f.f code.
But without cpu i wont get far. i Think the motherboard is just not working properly.
But i bought it from the US, while i am in Europe so returns are a bit of a headache. It is an Asrock Rack intel 4677 board. But the weird spot question is sort of general so i ask it here. Any other suggestions about getting it to post are also welcome of course. Maybe i forgot something.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic