ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B650 Livemixer - Red CPU light

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote th3immortal55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B650 Livemixer - Red CPU light
    Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 10:25pm
Hey y'all, I'm building my new PC and ran into this problem.

Motherboard is an AsRock B650 Livemixer, CPU is a Ryzen 7 7800x3d

After installing the cpu, ram, nvme ssd, air cooler on the mobo and before putting it in the case, I plugged the PSU for a test drive. It posted, everything showed up in the BIOS as working.. After I installed the mobo in the case - no post, red CPU LED indicator on the motherboard. I let it run for 5-6 minutes before turning it off, mind you the test drive boot was almost instantaneous. Rechecked all the connections, tried it outside the case again - red light again. Removed the CPU, no bent pins in the socket or anything strange. Flashbacked the BIOS to the newest update, tried it without a cooler, with 1 stick of ram, nope, same red light and no boot. None of the other lights are shining.

First thing that comes to mind is a possibly faulty CPU, but could it be from the motherboard or something else?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 10:39pm
Could be a bad CPU that died after initial POST. You have already done the tests I
would recommend but it couldn't hurt trying to reseat the CPU again and make sure
it's sitting in the socket correctly. Also, make sure you didn't forget to connect
the 8pin CPU power and that you connected the right one. I have made that blunder
more than once, bench test, all good, install in case, nothing. Forgot to reconnect
the 8 pin.

If you are still not getting a POST you can try taking the CPU back to the store
you purchased it from and asking them to test it for you. If that isn't possible
then I would RMA it along with the board just so you don't end up wasting time
and have your return windows lapse.

Good luck
M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by th3immortal55 th3immortal55 wrote:

Hey y'all, I'm building my new PC and ran into this problem.

Motherboard is an AsRock B650 Livemixer, CPU is a Ryzen 7 7800x3d

After installing the cpu, ram, nvme ssd, air cooler on the mobo and before putting it in the case, I plugged the PSU for a test drive. It posted, everything showed up in the BIOS as working.. After I installed the mobo in the case - no post, red CPU LED indicator on the motherboard. I let it run for 5-6 minutes before turning it off, mind you the test drive boot was almost instantaneous. Rechecked all the connections, tried it outside the case again - red light again. Removed the CPU, no bent pins in the socket or anything strange. Flashbacked the BIOS to the newest update, tried it without a cooler, with 1 stick of ram, nope, same red light and no boot. None of the other lights are shining.

First thing that comes to mind is a possibly faulty CPU, but could it be from the motherboard or something else?

first thing that comes to mind is a possibility of short circuited something (in the motherboard) when installing or bend the board so the circuit broken or broken off a component off mb.
asrock b650m/hdv.m2, ryzen 7700x@85watt
M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 2:04am
tried resetting CMOS with a jumper? 10s
asrock b650m/hdv.m2, ryzen 7700x@85watt
th3immortal55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote th3immortal55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2024 at 1:07am
Didn't try the CMOS, no. Already sent the CPU back. Gonna order a new one in a few days. Hopefully that's was the problem, so I can finally enjoy my new build. Gonna update later.
th3immortal55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote th3immortal55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 11:15pm
Got the new CPU today and everything is fine and dandy. Posting from my new build atm.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic