ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 Pro4s Unboxing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alexusvg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z170 Pro4s Unboxing
    Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 11:58pm
Hello everyone!

First of all I won a motherboard so yay me! Second, I would like to thank ASRock for my awesome prize! Last of all this means I'm going to have to use it to build a PC and it's anyone's guess how that's gonna turn out considering I'm not exactly a tech girl.

Doing an unboxing was part of the deal but I've never done one of those before so if you were expecting any profound technical insights you had best move along. I was originally thinking of doing a video instead but as it turns out my video editing skills are non existent and my tablet can't produce any sort of decent sound so I kind of had to settle for this. 

I guess I should start with the box:

It's all black, shiny and new which is kinda cool. It was delivered in good condition which is also great. You can clearly see the model of the board "ASRock Z170 Pro4s" which seems practical. In the middle there is a "Super Alloy" logo. I'm guessing it's this magical compound that makes it super stable and reliable.

The back of the box has a whole lot of technical information about the board. Exiting, right? Especially if you know what it all means, which I do naturally...ahem...so here it is:

10 Power Phase Design.

Dual PCIe X16 slots so I can install 2 AMD Graphics cards, not that I would need to but it's nice to have. 

Socket 1151 for intel 6th gen Core CPUs

Ultra M.2 32Gb/s slot for new super fast M.2 SSDs.

Solid Capacitors

Support for DDR4 3500+ (overclocked)

ELNA Audio caps for high quality low noise sound, great for gaming.

Digi Power.

Intel's Z170 Chipset (which I am told I need if I want to overclock my 6600k Skylake CPU)

Now lets see what's inside!

Here we have the installation manual, very important as it turns out, and the driver CD which I am told I won't need but I guess it's nice to have anyway.

Not enough hands... Here we have the IO backplate, a teeny, tiny screw that gets a zip lock bag all to itself and cables to connect the hard drives/optical drives.

Not really sure what this little guy is for but he seems important.

Getting closer, the motherboard is wrapped entirely in pink foam and inside an anti-static bag. I do like unwrapping presents!

And the motherboard itself! It looks great in all black, nice and simple with no extra bling or nonsense, I guess that must be what the S in Pro4S stands for, Simple. I mean honestly, I've seen a few of these puppies that practically look like a Christmas tree.  Exactly what I wanted for my build, nothing fancy just what I need to get the job done and overclock my processor a little when it gets here.

The back of the motherboard in case anyone is interested is all black and looks very tidy.

The IO of the motherboard with a PS2, 2 USB 3.0, HDMI, DSUB, 2 more USB 3.0, Intel LAN, 2 MORE USB 3.0 (lots of USB 3.0 is good) and lastly a very simple 3 jack audio config which is fine for what I need. 

This little guy was still bothering me

So I did what men never do and read the manual Tongue

Turns out, its for the M.2 slot here, mystery solved. So nice of ASRock to include this. I think I will get an M.2 drive now just so I can use it. Plus you can never have too many hard drives, or so I hear.

In all, the package was nice and simple and only contained the things I actually need. I really like this because it means you're not paying for any unwanted/unneeded extras. That and you don't have to spend all day reading the manual to figure out what to do with it all. Thumbs Up

Well I guess that's it. My work here is done. Enjoy and good luck to everyone. Oh and...

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 9:40am
""So I did what men never do and read the manual"" Hey now. I resembl.......... er

Sorry. I meant to type out to us men "Doesn't RTFM mean Recycle The Farcical Manual ??"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic