ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z690 Phantom Gaming 4/D5 Undervolting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mdskfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z690 Phantom Gaming 4/D5 Undervolting
    Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 4:30am
I'm struggling where in the bios I can change the CPU voltage to undervolt? I've overclocked my intel i5-12600K P+E cores but then they thermal throttle the CPU package and 3-4 of the P cores while running R23 with CPUID HWmonitor. I was using intel XTU to make quick changes without needing to return to the bios at every change. On XTU I was able to get to -.060 CPU volts without everything thermal throttling and staying in the high 80's to mid 90's on occasion. I've asked other groups and they don't seem to know, because they just say that if I don't know what I'm doing to not do it, or they give me information on how to undervolt, which I already know what I've done. I contacted ASRock but the sent me a hyper link to the manual which doesn't tell where to change the CPU voltage in OC Tweeker. Im running a Tower cooler with a 120mm fan with 2x120mm top exhaust fans and the 120mm rear exhaust fan. I have 3x120 front import fans as well. I've looked on youtube and all it does, is go over the normal functions and what is already stated for the person to ready themselves and not really explaining anything. Any help would be grateful.
mdskfx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mdskfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 9:41am
Since now one has really wanted to help with this, I finally found a Youtube video that "showed" were to apply the CPU core voltage to overclock or undervolt the CPU (IA Core voltage Domain). In OC Tweeker menu go to the FIVR configuration file. Go to the 5th line that says "Core Voltage Offset" and type your voltage in as mV. The next line down will give the + or - (note this will only do the CPU voltage). 3 lines down from this will let you do E-Core L2 Voltage Offset (on the Z690 Phantom Gaming, it only goes from -500mV to +500mV). As before, the next line down will allow you to assign the + or - for the mV. I hope that this information helps people in the future, as I have a hard time trying to find just this simple and easy of information to give out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic