ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac not booting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 3:00pm
We feel your pain. Let us know how it goes.
RoterFux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoterFux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 4:55pm
Hey guys!
It works, sort of! BUT: If I tell you what fixed the problem, you start thinking that I'm gone crazy.

Ok. I'll organized a beeper/pc-speaker to check if there are any error codes or whatever.

So, I connected the beeper and nothing for 20 seconds. BUT then, suddenly a BIOS prompt and everything worked as it should. I was thinking... "what the ..?"

I thought, ok it works! and unplugged the beeper. Not a good idea, because the screen stayed off again.
Beeper plugged: Booting system and everything ok
Bepper unplugged: Black screen!

So the beeper is a must have component and without it nothing works!

Seriously, I think there is an other reason, but... hey it works.

Next step: Rebuilding the system in it's case and see if it still works ;)
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by RoterFux RoterFux wrote:

Hey guys!
It works, sort of! BUT: If I tell you what fixed the problem, you start thinking that I'm gone crazy.

Ok. I'll organized a beeper/pc-speaker to check if there are any error codes or whatever.

So, I connected the beeper and nothing for 20 seconds. BUT then, suddenly a BIOS prompt and everything worked as it should. I was thinking... "what the ..?"

I thought, ok it works! and unplugged the beeper. Not a good idea, because the screen stayed off again.
Beeper plugged: Booting system and everything ok
Bepper unplugged: Black screen!

So the beeper is a must have component and without it nothing works!

Seriously, I think there is an other reason, but... hey it works.

Next step: Rebuilding the system in it's case and see if it still works ;)

Sorry but that makes no sense at all, as you know.

I'm not saying what you described did not happen, but a POST beep speaker is not required or essential for any board to operate properly.

This actually scares me, as what could possibly cause connecting a beep speaker to then cause the board to work. And removing it brings the problem back. Confused

Seems like something else is going on there.

About your system "booting", do you have an OS installed on your 950 Pro? I didn't think you got that far.

If you are using Windows, what version do you use, and do you plan on using the 950 Pro as the OS drive?
RoterFux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoterFux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 12:53am
It's just what I've observed.

I know it is scary and there has to be another problem!!!? I'll investigate.

There is an operating system on the 950 pro now. There was no OS installed, because booting hasn't been possible.

I've installed Windows 10 64bit on it for now.
Nothing else at the moment.

Edited by RoterFux - 06 Oct 2016 at 12:55am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 1:13am
Color me fascinated, do let us know what you discover Thumbs Up
RoterFux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoterFux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 2:07pm
Of course it was a loose cable or something else and not the beeper. I disassabled the whole thing again and rebuild it.
If the gpu is not perfectly placed in it's slot, it's a problem. Thats a thing I know. The beeper ... ya. crazy, but as expected not needed, obviously ;)

Everything works now. So in the end it was a PEBKAC situation from the beginning.

I guess why the "beeper fixed the issue" is a mystery yet to be solved ... maybe another time. ;)

So sorry to bother you guys and thanks a lot for your help!!!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 2:10pm
Just happy to hear you have everything up and running Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic