ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to update my BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parksrox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to update my BIOS
    Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 4:42am
I have a ASRock B460M Pro4s/ac running American Megathreads Inc. P1.40. How do I update my BIOS? Never done this before so help and detail appreciated.
mdskfx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdskfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 4:38am
go to ASRock website and look for your motherboard. then look for newest BIOS that they have for your specific board. you will then download the new BIOS file. Then you will need to unzip and extract (ALL) the download file. You will move the extracted files to an empty USB drive and rename the whole file folder as "creative.rom" and safely eject the USB. Now move the USB to the correct BIOS port as stated in the motherboard manual. Turn on your PC and go to BIOS (F2 or Delete) at start-up. **Make sure you write down your current BIOS settings as the Update will erase all changes!!!** In the lower right-hand corner, you will see the instant flash and click on it. click yes to start and a box will pop up with the new BIOS information on the USB. follow on screen instructions and restart after you're done.

You can do this with the CPU still in, but it is recommended that the CPU be removed by ASRock.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic