ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty z170 gaming-itx/ac

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skillaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty z170 gaming-itx/ac
    Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 3:14pm
ASRock Fatal1ty z170 gaming-itx/ac
i5 6600k
G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) 
Gigabyte Geforce GTX970 - GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD
Cooler Master V550 - Compact 550W 80 PLUS Gold Modular PSU
Samsung EVO 850 256gb

Dont know what's wrong with my PC, but I come back from work and I can no longer boot up. I get a blank screen. Computer turns on and everything spins but I am unable to boot to window or even bios. I just get a black screen If it matters my 3 GPU fans are constantly spinning which is abnormal because normally only one spins on idle. I've moved the ram and reconnected all the power cables, resetting the CMOS everytime. The only thing I havent done is take the heatsink off CPUand maybe reseat the CPU. A side note is that I have gotten blue screens previously. Ive run the full battery of stress test but none of them failed on me before. Prime95, memtest, furmark, etc. I was unable to try to force it to blue screen or force a system shutdown when running stress test. I would randomly get blue screen when playing games, surfing web, etc. So I was unable to reproduce it consistently. I would also get different BSOD's code. randing from irql errors, to memory management issues. Anyways that matters less now because I cant even boot to windows. WHat could possibly be wrong? 
skillaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skillaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 5:48am
I think ive narrowed it down to either the mobo, cpu or less likely the power supply
Brad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 7:55am
Have you updated the Bios?

Have you done an extended RAM test?

The errors you mention have me thinking it might be your RAM.  Run a test and report back.

http://www.memtest86.com/
skillaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skillaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 9:21am
Right now the problem is that I cant even get it to boot to bios, but I know i definitely dont have the latest bios version and I think the ram is fine because i ran the ramtest and it came back with no errors.
Brad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 11:33am
Try booting with one stick of ram, if that doesn't work try the other.

Brad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 11:36am
Also, try another video card if you have one.  
skillaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skillaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 11:14am
i dont have another video card but im trying to run it from the onboard video card and im not getting anything... i just installed a motherboard speaker inside... when i boot without ram i get 3 beeps indicating no ram... ok so i put ram in one slot and i get no beeps whatsoever...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic