ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B650E Steel Legend BIOS update causing GPU issueOT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B650E Steel Legend BIOS update causing GPU issueOT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BhokariBaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B650E Steel Legend BIOS update causing GPU issueOT
    Posted: 04 May 2024 at 9:39pm
Recently, I built my new PC with these specs:
Processor: Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Mobo: ASRock B650E WIFI Steel legend
PSU: Corsair RM750E ATX 3.0
SSD: SN 850X 1TB
GPU: Zotac Nvidia RTX 4070 Super
RAM: GSKILL 32GB

When I built my PC, I forgot to update the BIOS before installing windows. So I thought it won't be a problem if I do it once I have everything configured first. My BIOS was on the first version 1.03. When I updated it to the latest (2.10), my PC wasn't detecting my GPU.I had to use iGPU for this whole time as there was no trace of GPU in my whole system. But when I tried looking into Device Manager, I could see my 4070 as 'Inactive". There was no way to activate it. It gave me error code 45. I tried uninstalling GPU drivers, but later I was not able to install those drivers as it threw me error "No Nvidia GPU found on this sytem". After doing back and forth I decided to downgrade my bios again to 1.03. Surprisingly, it worked. The moment I booted my PC, it detected GPU and everything worked seemlessly. Later, I once again tried updating BlOS to a different version. (1.28) but still faced the same issue, "GPU not found". Is there any way I can update my BlOS to a newer version? Is it even necessary or I shouldn't bother updating it?
mrbill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2024 at 11:53am
LogoFail vulnerabilities and performance improvements are addressed in newer firmware. So you want to run the newest firmware you can. I?™m stuck on older firmware myself. Open a support case with them and maybe they can help you better then the image the sent me with the area highlighted that says if your current firmware works then don?™t update it. I had responded to them that my firmware doesn?™t have the security update for LogoFail and nothing but crickets from them. No more ASRock products for me. Good luck??forumCodes=True
ASRock X670E Steel Legend (ABA159EAF581)
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
32GB (2x16GB) G.Skill F5-5200J4040A16GX2-RS5K
WD SN570 2TB
MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
Win 11 Pro
M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2024 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by BhokariBaba BhokariBaba wrote:

Recently, I built my new PC with these specs:
Processor: Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Mobo: ASRock B650E WIFI Steel legend
PSU: Corsair RM750E ATX 3.0
SSD: SN 850X 1TB
GPU: Zotac Nvidia RTX 4070 Super
RAM: GSKILL 32GB

When I built my PC, I forgot to update the BIOS before installing windows. So I thought it won't be a problem if I do it once I have everything configured first. My BIOS was on the first version 1.03. When I updated it to the latest (2.10), my PC wasn't detecting my GPU.I had to use iGPU for this whole time as there was no trace of GPU in my whole system. But when I tried looking into Device Manager, I could see my 4070 as 'Inactive". There was no way to activate it. It gave me error code 45. I tried uninstalling GPU drivers, but later I was not able to install those drivers as it threw me error "No Nvidia GPU found on this sytem". After doing back and forth I decided to downgrade my bios again to 1.03. Surprisingly, it worked. The moment I booted my PC, it detected GPU and everything worked seemlessly. Later, I once again tried updating BlOS to a different version. (1.28) but still faced the same issue, "GPU not found". Is there any way I can update my BlOS to a newer version? Is it even necessary or I shouldn't bother updating it?

reinstall windows after updating BIOS. You can also try DDU - utility that is suppose to thoroughly remove GPU drivers (unlike the os).

Think about setting up windows in a linux virtual machine with GPU passthrough if you really need that os. No difference in performance, but safer and saves you lots of hassle.

Edited by M440 - 06 May 2024 at 1:21am
asrock b650m/hdv.m2, ryzen 7700x@85watt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic