ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Supporting window 8.1 on G41M-VS3 R2.0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Supporting window 8.1 on G41M-VS3 R2.0
    Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 9:44pm
Hello guys

i have got this model ( G41M-VS3 R2.0 ), and i want to know that can i install windows 8.1 on this model ? what about windows 10 ?

I'm asking this question because when i had visited the section of Download area for my motherboard model i couldn't find windows 8.1 Ouch

+ Can my motherboard support " SAT 3 " I want to buy a new Hard Drive but I'm not sure that can my motherboard support it or not !

the model of my Hard Ware that i want to buy it =

Seagate Barracuda Desktop 1TB 64MB Cache Internal Hard Drive ST1000DM003

Sincere,

Edited by Grumman - 12 Jul 2015 at 9:45pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 11:07pm
You should be able to install 8.1/10 but there may be difficulties finding drivers for some things. The best way to know for certain is to try. For the most part windows 8.1 and 10 should have native driver support for most of what you need.

As for the hard disk, yes, you can use a SATA 3 drive on a SATA 2 port. All SATA generations are cross compatible Wink

Welcome to the forums Smile
Grumman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 1:09am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

You should be able to install 8.1/10 but there may be difficulties finding drivers for some things. The best way to know for certain is to try. For the most part windows 8.1 and 10 should have native driver support for most of what you need.

As for the hard disk, yes, you can use a SATA 3 drive on a SATA 2 port. All SATA generations are cross compatible Wink

Welcome to the forums Smile

sorry but where should i try ?

The official website that i can find my drivers is ASRock.com ! isn't it ?

visit this page : http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/G41M-VS3%20R2.0/index.us.asp?cat=Download

I can't see any drivers for windows 8.1 Ouch

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 2:36am
Sorry if I wasn't clear. Windows 8.1 will not need drivers for your board. Windows usually has its own drivers for older hardware. If there are any drivers it does not already have you can probably install the windows 7 drivers on windows 8.1. Just be sure they are 32bit if you install 8.1 32bit and 64bit if you install 8.1 64bit. I have done this myself for some of my older hardware, for the most part the windows 7 64bit drivers work fine in windows 8.1 64bit. 

Quote sorry but where should i try ?

I meant you should try install windows 8.1 or 10 Wink

Good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic