ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

boot from usb error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guarnoplo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: boot from usb error
    Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 4:28am
Hey

Is it possible to boot from usb on the MoBo 775i65g? It has to be since when I select boot options the bootable usb I got plugged in appears in the list. The thing is after I select USB I get this message
a disk read error occurred Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart

you may know how old this board is. Is there some settings I can change?

Thank you
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 9:20am
Have you tried the other remaining USB ports?
guarnoplo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guarnoplo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 10:00am
not all of them LOL

but I've tried using another flash drive with no luck
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by guarnoplo guarnoplo wrote:

Hey

Is it possible to boot from usb on the MoBo 775i65g? It has to be since when I select boot options the bootable usb I got plugged in appears in the list. The thing is after I select USB I get this message
a disk read error occurred Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart

you may know how old this board is. Is there some settings I can change?

Thank you

Yes, it's 10 years old.

What OS or version of Windows are you using?

In the Boot screen, there is an entry for Removable Drives. You can set the boot priority from each of the three options under the main Boot Device Priority entry.

What size/capacity are the USB flash drives you are using? If they are larger than 16GB, they may not work with old boards like yours.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 3:16pm
Check the "Boot Device Priority" section in your "Boot" section in your BIOS and check what options it gives you. If it supports USB device booting it should have an option along the lines of Removable Storage, USB device or similar.
guarnoplo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guarnoplo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 12:46am
Thanks for replying
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Yes, it's 10 years old.

What OS or version of Windows are you using?
I'm using Windows Vista, trying to install Windows 7 with a bootable USB

Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

In the Boot screen, there is an entry for Removable Drives. You can set the boot priority from each of the three options under the main Boot Device Priority entry.

What size/capacity are the USB flash drives you are using? If they are larger than 16GB, they may not work with old boards like yours.
Capacity is 4 GB and I've already set USB as the first boot option but still get the message
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic