ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

880G PRO3 skt AM3 compatibiloty

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SodoRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 880G PRO3 skt AM3 compatibiloty
    Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 5:53am
Hi,
i would upgrade , for my 880G PRO3 , changing AMD Phenom II X4 965 with an eight core, i'd like an AMD FX-8350 or FX-8350E.
The 8-cores in compatibility list are only Zambezi, it seems not support Vishera serie.
In Italy i'm not able to find old Zambezi processors.Cry
But the overview says "
Supports AM3+ Processor, 8-Core CPU Ready "
Actually i get 1.20 firmware version, in bios update page , the 1.40 version says "
Update CPU code to support AM3+ CPU."

Is it possible, updating bios, to use a Vishera serie?
And to use rams like HyperX Fury HX318C10F/8 ?
Thanks
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 7:19am
You can lookup compatible Kingston memory for your board at:
https://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search/Options

Zambezi and Vishera are both AM3+ chips.

The 880 chipset was what I refer to as a "bridge' board. Short lived production before moving to th 990 chipsets. Contact ASRock Tech Support using http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp and inquire if the newer Vishera processors are compatible. I believe so yet please inquire of ASRock first.

You WILL need to use Instant Flash to update your mb PRIOR to installing a Zambezi or Vishera processor

And if you're going that far before upgrading the MB please look at and consider the BETA 1.53 BIOS available in the downloads section of your MB. It is a 2014 update addressing newer video card compatibility.
SodoRock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SodoRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 7:39am
Thanks! You give me a hopeSmile
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 9:30am
Originally posted by SodoRock SodoRock wrote:

Fingers crossed her for you.

As I stated I believe you're good to go but do wait for Tech Support to reply to you for a proper answer.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by SodoRock SodoRock wrote:

Fingers crossed her for you.

As I stated I believe you're good to go but do wait for Tech Support to reply to you for a proper answer.

Do you think a BIOS update for AM3+ compatibility from 2011 will include Vishera? Bulldozer maybe, but Vishera?

His memory looks like 1866, the 880G spec is 1333.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Do you think a BIOS update for AM3+ compatibility from 2011 will include Vishera? Bulldozer maybe, but Vishera?

His memory looks like 1866, the 880G spec is 1333.

Meh, if not I imagine it maybe could be made to. They're not that different.

Yet, there'll be little, if any, headroom to OC. The low power E model FX's should shine on it though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic