ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 960GM-VGS3 FX with CPU AMD FX-4320 100% Working?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

960GM-VGS3 FX with CPU AMD FX-4320 100% Working?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DtP Mario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 960GM-VGS3 FX with CPU AMD FX-4320 100% Working?
    Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 9:30pm
Hello ASRock workers,

I bought the CPU "AMD FX-4320" and installed this in the board "960GM-VGS3 FX". Even the memory I have changed to "G.Skill DIMM 16 GB DDR3-1600 Kit" Since the work my PC is not 100%. I occasionally get bluescreens. My operating system is Windows 10 64bit.

Are the components compatible with the board? Because according to CPU support list it should run.

Excuse the bad English I translate it with google Translate Big smile

Edit: my graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Edited by DtP Mario - 20 Dec 2016 at 9:16am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 3:54am
To allow us to help you better please list out the components that your system is comprised of. Using Make and Model/Part Numbers please. Also, how old is the PSU you're using?
DtP Mario View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DtP Mario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 9:45am
Thank you for your reply. My system consists of;

Mainboard: ASRock 960GM-VGS3 FX
CPU: AMD FX-4320 (FD4320WMHKBOX, "boxed")
Memory: G.Skill DIMM 16GB DDR3-1600 Kit (F3-1600C9D-16GAR, Ares Series, Retail)
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 960
Power supply (PSU): Thermaltake TR2 S 700W (TR2-700AH2NSG)
Hard disks: 1x 240GB SSD ADATA (Premier SP550)

The CPU, the power supply, as well as the working memory are 3 days old. After installing the components, I have set the bios to default, then Windwos 10 64bit installed. After about 30 min I got the first "Bluescreen" and dan halt until now. Sometimes it takes few hours until a Bluescreen comes or immediately after the booting. Memtest86 I have already run for 4 hours, without error! Checking the hard disk with CHKDSK ran without errors.

It can actually be only the CPU or the memory which may not be compatible with the motherboard, right?

best regards
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 11:37am
To be sure, this is happening with the BIOS set to Defaults, right?

This is me speaking, not ASRock. This board wouldn't be my choice to mount an FX to, even as they state as much. The 2+1 VRM/Power section of this board is simple and should not IMO be considered for an FXs power requirements to properly feed it.

On the VRMs. They are the three black "squares' that reside between the CPU socket and the rear I/O panel.

With it running as you normally do, place the back of your hand carefully, DO NOT ALLOW THIS HAND TO TOUCH THE VRMS OR ANYTHING ELSE INSIDE WHILE POWERED AND RUNNING, near the VRMs. You "should' feel a gentle warmth from them but considering this is a 2+1 feeding an FX I'm guessing they are scalding hot on this board.

Let me know the answer to the above first please, before proceeding any further with the below.

That F3-1600C9D-16GAR Kit should be compatible. I'm 90% sure anyways. Lets pass on them for the moment. But do check that the BIOS is picking up the correct timings and voltage for the mem.

The BSOD's. What are they reporting as the issue?

I'd also consider pulling the CPU and with a magnifying lens look for bent or missing pins. I know I know, that sux.

DtP Mario View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DtP Mario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 4:33am
Thanks I checked this and realized it was very hot. I now bought a new board.

Thanks for the support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic