ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X99 Taichi only seeing 32gb of 64gb quad ch ram
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X99 Taichi only seeing 32gb of 64gb quad ch ram

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swdluxxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

While you are basically correct about adjusting the System Agent (SA) voltage to help with higher speed DDR4 memory, unlike DRAM voltage, more SA voltage is not always better.

Note I did not say more SA voltage is never better, it obviously is in your case. I'm saying there is an appropriate amount of SA voltage, and too much can even have a negative affect.

Actually what you suggested, automatically setting a higher SA voltage is exactly what mother board manufactures and DDR4 manufactures have done with the Intel Skylake platform. The DDR4 memory's XMP data now has much higher SA voltage levels, 1.2V or more. The mother boards, when SA voltage is set to Auto SA voltage and manually setting a higher memory speed will also set a higher SA voltage. I've seen an Auto SA voltage of over 1.2V on my Skylake board.

But I have found that these high SA voltages are not always necessary. That is my point, there is a sweet spot for SA voltage that depends upon the memory being used, and the memory controller, which is part of the CPU.  I can manually set the SA voltage to 1.1V at the same memory speed, and it works fine. It's difficult to know the exact SA voltage when you are dealing with offsets in the UEFI settings, but if you try different monitoring programs like AIDA64, HWiNFO, etc, you can find it.

Thanks for your tip and feedback about what works for you, that is valuable to users and ASRock.

Hi parsec  Smile

you are correct too but set System Agent Offset"  in Range "0.0100" --- "0.0300" is not bad for Memory Controller of Cpu`s but will help most Users to going working high Memory Speed (or big Amount of Memory like 32gb +) in all Scenarios(Overclocking and etc. ).
Have a test it for more as 30 X99 Cpu´s (5820K,5930K, 6800K, 6900K).

vadimkara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vadimkara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 5:54pm
i had the same issue on te right side slots  populate second and forth not first and third!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic