ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No display on boot (freshly built)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No display on boot (freshly built)
    Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 4:55am
Hello all, 

Hopefully I can get an answer or least a glimmer of hope. I made sure everything was plugged in and in place. Booted up, everything runs, fans turning, lights on, everything purring. But nothing on my monitor. I tried from the motherboard and graphics card DVI, picking up nothing. I know this monitor works as it works with my previous computer 100%. I even tried a different monitor (a TV) with HDMI port, still nothing but a black screen or as if it was never plugged in to begin with. 

I tried multiple troubleshoots:
CMOS reset, both with taking the battery out and the switch. And did jumpers to reset it.

No video card in the motherboard. 

Took out the RAM in case if it was faulty.

Made sure nothing was plugged in except for power cable and monitor in case the USB interfered.

I asked for a replacement motherboard in case if it was something faulty in the motherboard.

All of the above didn't solve my problem. 

The last option I can think of is chip replacement, but I still don't see how that's causing it. 

Any ideas? 

List of build (links don't work, just copy and paste):

Edited by Racin - 27 Dec 2016 at 4:56am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 6:53am
Originally posted by Racin Racin wrote:

I asked for a replacement motherboard in case if it was something faulty in the motherboard.

All of the above didn't solve my problem.

If that says you're on your second motherboard and having the same issue, have you first checked that that Corsair is compatible with it?
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/memory-finder

Too, what slots are you placing the mem in?

Racin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 7:20am
At first I tried next to each other 2 slots furthest away from the CPU, didn't work. I took out the RAM, still didn't no change. I put it in the match colors (black + black slots), still no luck. 

And with the memory finder, the RAM matches or is compatible.

Edited by Racin - 27 Dec 2016 at 7:34am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 8:33am

Made sure nothing was plugged in except for power cable and monitor in case the USB interfered.

""power cable' ? As in singular 24-pin ATX?

If so there is another that must be connected. That would be the 8-pin CPU Power located at the upper left of your motherboard. Overlook that one did we?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 8:37am

At first I tried next to each other 2 slots furthest away from the CPU, didn't work. I took out the RAM, still didn't no change. I put it in the match colors (black + black slots), still no luck.

The manual you received with your motherboard is chock full of information concerning what slots to use when you have two sticks Embarrassed

Do yourself a favor after putting the two sticks in the correct slots and reset you BIOS before restarting with them in the correct slots.

Edited by wardog - 27 Dec 2016 at 8:37am
Racin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 1:03pm
I checked the manual, put the RAM sticks in their proper places according to the manual, did a BIOS reset. 
Started it up, NOTHING on display, "No Signal". There are no issues with this monitor with my other computer so it's not the monitor. I even tried HDMI hook up to my TV which works fine as well, "No Signal". Whether I try it from the motherboard itself or the video card. Nothing. 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

""power cable' ? As in singular 24-pin ATX?

If so there is another that must be connected. That would be the 8-pin CPU Power located at the upper left of your motherboard. Overlook that one did we?

Knowing what you've typed here I have to ask again .......

Have you plugged the 8-pin CPU Power located at the upper left of your motherboard?

Missing this will give the exact results you describe. Whether using the iGPU or a dedicated GPU, if the CPU itself isn't being powered there will be no graphics computed to send to the monitor.
Racin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 1:59pm
Everything is plugged in...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic