ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fatal1ty z170 gaming k4 motherboard do not boot
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty z170 gaming k4 motherboard do not boot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote premysl.tichy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty z170 gaming k4 motherboard do not boot
    Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 6:32am
Hi, Building a new desktop computer

Motherboard: Fatal1ty z170 gaming k4

CPU:              Intel i3-6100, 3,7 GHz
Memory:        RAM Kingston 8GB DDR4 2666MHz CL13 (HX426C13SB2/8) HyperX Savage Black
Graphics:       Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 480 OC GDDR5 4GB
Disk:              Western Digital 1TB, 3.5", SATAIII/600, 7200rpm, 64MB, WD10EZEX
DVD:             LG GH24NS black bulk

I am getting no video from hdmi graphics card or from on-board hdmi port. Seems to me that there is problém with memory or motherboard. I have tried all memory slots and nothing chaged. I am not sure if this memory is compatible with this board. bios_a1 LED is on (red light), cooling fans are moving including CPU and GPU fans, lights on Graphics cards are also on. All connectors checked.

premysl.tichy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote premysl.tichy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 4:35am
CMOS has been cleared and nothing changed, no video output.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by premysl.tichy premysl.tichy wrote:

All connectors checked.

24-pin and the 8-pin CPU Power?

Is your memory compatible?

Too,  and more important that either of the above, you need BIOS 1.70 to support that i3-6100.

Just below the lower x16 slots card lock are two stickers with the BIOS revision the MB came new from the factory with. What is printed on them?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote premysl.tichy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 6:39am
24-pin and the 8-pin CPU Power?
Yes, checked.

Is your memory compatible?
I was not able to found exact type in vendor list. I have asked support and wait for answer.

Too,  and more important that either of the above, you need BIOS 1.70 to support that i3-6100.

Just below the lower x16 slots card lock are two stickers with the BIOS revision the MB came new from the factory with. What is printed on them?

P3.20

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by premysl.tichy premysl.tichy wrote:

Hi, Building a new desktop computer

Motherboard: Fatal1ty z170 gaming k4

CPU:              Intel i3-6100, 3,7 GHz
Memory:        RAM Kingston 8GB DDR4 2666MHz CL13 (HX426C13SB2/8) HyperX Savage Black
Graphics:       Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 480 OC GDDR5 4GB
Disk:              Western Digital 1TB, 3.5", SATAIII/600, 7200rpm, 64MB, WD10EZEX
DVD:             LG GH24NS black bulk

I am getting no video from hdmi graphics card or from on-board hdmi port. Seems to me that there is problém with memory or motherboard. I have tried all memory slots and nothing chaged. I am not sure if this memory is compatible with this board. bios_a1 LED is on (red light), cooling fans are moving including CPU and GPU fans, lights on Graphics cards are also on. All connectors checked.

Do you have just one piece of memory? Or do you have two? The model number is for a single DIMM. An 8GB DIMM like yours should be used in the A1 or B1 slots.

If you have a video card in the board, then it will always try to use the video card as the video source.

The red LED for the A1 BIOS chip being on is normal, that just means you are using the main BIOS chip and not the backup BIOS.

Whenever you change things like using different memory slots or different video source, you should be clearing the UEFI/BIOS with the jumper on the board. Turn off the PSU and unplug it from AC power before you move the jumper.

Keep testing without the video card until you can get a signal to the monitor. Be sure your monitor is configured to automatically select the active input, or change it to the HDMI input specifically.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote premysl.tichy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 6:27pm
I have one 8 GB DIMM only.

I will try to remove video card and try only onboard hdmi port.

By clearing the UEFI/BIOS you mean using  Clear CMOS Jumper?

Monitor works fine with other hdmi sources.
I will continue with removing video card. I will also try to reset BIOS and different memory slots. I tried it without BIOS reset.

I will also try to connect some beeper to check if something regarding POST is working.

Edited by wardog - 30 Dec 2016 at 10:18pm
dodo1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 4:34am
Hi, I have the same Problem:
-My new PC starts
-Red Led Light is on
-After ~7 seconds, automatic restart... then it 'runs', but no video signal.

We tried:
-both graphic cards
-without gtx 1060
-change RAM slots
-one RAM
-BIOS Reset
nothing worked.

I think its the new Kaby Lake CPU. So I wanted to make a BIOS Update, but can't do it without the Video Signal. My friend owns the Same Mainboard with Intel i5 6600k and newest BIOS. So we took my BIOS Chip and put it in his Mainboard to update it to the new Version. But he didn't get a Video Signal either.
Now my question: Could it be that the BIOS Chip is broken?

My PC:
Mainboard: Fatal1ty z170 gaming k4
CPU: Intel i5 7600k
RAM: 16GB HyperX FURY Rev.2 DDR4-2133 DIMM CL14-14-14 Dual
Graphics: 6GB KFA2 GTX 1060 OC
Memory: 500GB Samsung 850 2,5"
Power: 600W be quiet! System Power 8 Non-Modular 80+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic