ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 NMVe, M.2 & SATA Express
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 NMVe, M.2 & SATA Express

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nimrodthegreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 NMVe, M.2 & SATA Express
    Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 9:32am
Does the ASRock Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 support NMVe?   
The ASRock Fatal1ty X99M Killer (not 3.1) motherboard bios updates list NMVe support, but NMVe support is not listed on any specifications for the USB 3.1 version of this board.

Can the Ultra M.2 slot and the SATA Express port be used simultaneously? (This question applies to both versions)
I would like to use an M.2 PCIe 3.0x4 NMVe SSD and the SATA Express port with an ASRock "front USB 3.1 panel".

Edited by nimrodthegreat - 17 Jul 2015 at 10:22am
Tacticus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tacticus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 10:24am
I am looking at purchasing this motherboard as well and would like to know if my Plextor M6e M.2 will be usable. Also being able to use SATA Express and a M.2 drive would be very nice.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 12:24pm
NVMe is supported on the ASRock Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1. All /3.1 motherboards support NVMe on their release BIOS as they were all launched after NVMe was added to previous models.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by nimrodthegreat nimrodthegreat wrote:

Does the ASRock Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 support NMVe?   
The ASRock Fatal1ty X99M Killer (not 3.1) motherboard bios updates list NMVe support, but NMVe support is not listed on any specifications for the USB 3.1 version of this board.

Can the Ultra M.2 slot and the SATA Express port be used simultaneously? (This question applies to both versions)
I would like to use an M.2 PCIe 3.0x4 NMVe SSD and the SATA Express port with an ASRock "front USB 3.1 panel".

The definitive answer about NVMe support on the X99M Killer/3.1 board should be provided by ASRock technical support, here:

http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

Only the X99M Killer/3.1 has a SATA Express connection, which is not shared with the Ultra M.2 port.

The X99M Killer board does not have a SATA Express connector.

The ASRock Front USB 3.1 Panel and U.2 Kit , which I assume you are referring to, connects to a SATA Express interface. You can learn more about both of these accessories here:

http://www.asrock.com/news/index.asp?id=2877 

The Plextor M6e is listed as compatible in the Storage Support List for the X99M Killer board, which will be the same for the X99M Killer/3.1 board.

The manuals for both of these boards which can be downloaded from each board's information page describes what resources are shared between the various interfaces.
nimrodthegreat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nimrodthegreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 1:15pm
Thank you Xaltar and parsec for the quick and informative replies! I just ordered the 3.1 version.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic