ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extreme 9 990FX Dr Code 00

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extreme 9 990FX Dr Code 00
    Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 11:23am
The computer was running well then stupid me decided to do the bios update to version 1.8 through the bios utility. It finished with a "success and you need to restart" so I pressed enter to do so and now all I get is all the lights coming on the mother board and every fan spooling up. I have the Dr Code of 00.
Have done the clear CMOS stuff and still nothing.
Some specs
8350 cpu
Radeon R9250X gpu
AX 1200i psu
4x2gig Gskill rip jaw ram
2x samsung pro 250gig ssd in raid
LG bluray drive
1TB western digital drive for storage
Any help please?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Jonoi Jonoi wrote:

The computer was running well then stupid me decided to do the bios update to version 1.8 through the bios utility. It finished with a "success and you need to restart" so I pressed enter to do so and now all I get is all the lights coming on the mother board and every fan spooling up. I have the Dr Code of 00.
Have done the clear CMOS stuff and still nothing.
Some specs
8350 cpu
Radeon R9250X gpu
AX 1200i psu
4x2gig Gskill rip jaw ram
2x samsung pro 250gig ssd in raid
LG bluray drive
1TB western digital drive for storage
Any help please?

If you checked the Dr Debug code list, you know that the 00 code means a problem with the CPU.

In general, that means anything from the 4/8 pin CPU power cable is not connected, to a dead processor.

The 1.80 UEFI/BIOS update has existed for almost nine months, and we have not seen many, or any posts about it causing an issue like this. Quite a coincidence if your CPU died for some reason at the same time as doing this BIOS update. But anything can happen.

What BIOS update method did you use? Sounds like you used the Internet Flash method. It also seems as if it completed successfully, correct?

FYI, ASRock does not recommend clearing the CMOS/BIOS right after a BIOS update. Did you try simply pressing the reset button on the PC case?

What are you using for the CPU cooler?

All I can tell you is check the PSU connections to the board. Your PSU is high quality, but did you have any hints it might be failing? If you had or could get another compatible CPU to use as a test, try that. Any compatible model at all will do.
Jonoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 4:19pm
The cpu cooler is a dark knight with an extra fan. I tried to reset it a few times and even unplugging everything off the mother board even swapping ram around. The self test button works on the psu and tested it by powering up a neighboring rig I know your not sposed to do a CMOS clear but I was desperate and under advice from 2 computer stores in the area that that at the time was my last resort. I've gone for a long shot and ordered another bios chip but it will take over week to get to me. I'm completely stumped and if the $17 dollar part dosnt fix it I guess its the cpu next....sorry I should of stated all this in the first post. The update was through the asrock's bios update. I usually do it via usb but whent out on a limb to try it that way...guess the tree fell!LOL
As i've been reading this forum and typing this we have put the psu back in and now the self test button dose nothing but the board still lights up and all fans going including gpu but thats it with a code 00....hmmmm
Jonoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 11:51am
The problem I had is now fixed. I purchased a new bios chip, plugged it in and changed the new bios chip serial number to match my GUID number and it fired up straight away and running perfectly.
Seems they left that out in the code table....error code can also be just a corrupt bios chip ($17,fixed)
Hope this may help some people.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic