ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

USB 3.1 not working on Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogerino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 8:37pm
I couldn't really test if under ubuntu the adapter was forking at full 3.1. speed.
I tried to replicate the test, but I don't have the old ubuntu installation usb key I used before (I did a format for the Win 10 clean install).
Ubuntu 16.10 doesn't boot ("soft lockup - cpu stuck for 22s" error), ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS behaves as Windows 10 (so the usb 3.1 adapter is not working, USB 3.0 devices are fine).

Unfortunately I can't change hdd power options as the hdd/adapter keep disconnecting every second (it just tries to install, in an endless loop).

I ordered a replacement, I'll update the thread when it arrives.
I tried to find an adapter with the jmicron chipset, but I had no luck.
Rogerino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogerino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 10:11pm
New hdd adapter arrived, it's a different production batch, different casing.
This one works, thank god.
I suggest to NOT install asmedia usb drivers, as they don't activate UASP (=much lower speeds).

For those interested, here's the results with a 750gb Crucial MX300 SSD

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Rogerino Rogerino wrote:

New hdd adapter arrived, it's a different production batch, different casing.
This one works, thank god.
I suggest to NOT install asmedia usb drivers, as they don't activate UASP (=much lower speeds).

For those interested, here's the results with a 750gb Crucial MX300 SSD

Thanks for the update, that adapter works well, once you get one that actually works.

Given my experience with other ASMedia drivers in the past, my guess seems to have been correct. Or the ASMedia 3.1 driver does not work well with this adapter, or in UASP mode.

No example of the ASMedia driver performance? I'll take your word about the performance.

Your test with "No drivers" is really with the Windows "inbox" driver. Could be titled "No ASMedia driver".
Rogerino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogerino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 12:49am
With asmedia drivers (.38.1)

kicken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kicken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 11:12pm
I just had the same problem ... I just bought an Asrock Fatil1ty z270 Gaming K6, specifically as I had a USB 3.1 Type C connection I wanted to utilise.

After installing Windows 10 (v1703 Build 15063.413), I decided to get onto the Asrock website, update my BIOS (Z27GK62.10) and grab the latest (June 2017) drivers from Asrock and proceed to update.

I've only just managed to connect my Drobo 5C via USB 3.1c and it would not detect it. It worked fine up on the rear USB 3.0 ports (using the Drobo supplied cable).

So after reading this post, I decided to uninstall the 'updated' Asmedia USB 3.1 drivers v1.16.38.1 (dated 2016) I got from the Asmedia download page and leave the default Microsoft 1.1 (v10.0.15063.296 27th April 2017) driver installed.

I reconnected the Drobo and presto ... worked straight away on the Microsoft 3.1 System Drivers. Actually this version of Windows 10 fresh on this motherboard is the first time I've seen Windows detect all non-intel devices and correctly configure all drivers without mismatch. Looks like I'll stick with the Microsoft drivers for USB 3.1, not the Asmedia ones for now.
transmitthis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote transmitthis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 4:28am
Same issue here.

Z87 Extreme4 Motherboard

And a https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016HL0W62/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Inateck USB 3.0 mSATA Encolsure

Win 10 64 latest update, MB bios latest, no fastusb, no long cables, no hubs.

Tried power setting options
Tried all front back ports
Change bios options for all USB features.

Returned and replaced item, but it will just not connect in USB3 only USB2.  
Live linux, fails to mount it.

Issue is constant connect/disconnect half a second apart, or no connection at all...stopping file explorer opening.

No idea, just going to use msata to Pcie instead.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic