ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z87 Extreme 4 code 32 won't wake up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z87 Extreme 4 code 32 won't wake up
    Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 2:18am
Hi Everyone, I am new here.

Sudden problem with my PC - it will not wake from sleep and debug posts a code 32 when trying to wake up.  Sleep used to work totally normally.  I am not sure if the problem started after I updated the bios to 3.40.

Any ideas about the cause?  Can I "downgrade" the bios?

Thanks

Asrock Z87 Extreme 4
Intel Core i5 4670K
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 2:44am
Originally posted by TerryG TerryG wrote:

Hi Everyone, I am new here.

Sudden problem with my PC - it will not wake from sleep and debug posts a code 32 when trying to wake up.  Sleep used to work totally normally.  I am not sure if the problem started after I updated the bios to 3.40.

Any ideas about the cause?  Can I "downgrade" the bios?

Thanks

Wake from Sleep problems are common, and difficult to diagnose. Check the Windows Event Log for entries about the failed wake from Sleep event.

Code 32 is related to memory, but if that is really the problem, I don't know. After changing to version 3.40, are there any UEFI option settings you did not reset from their default values that you use? Any UEFI/BIOS updates resets all of the options to their default values.

You can change to any UEFI/BIOS version in general. There are a few boards and UEFI/BIOS versions that will have problems when that is done, but your board is NOT one of them.

Please use the Instant Flash method of updating the UEFI/BIOS.

What Windows version are you using? Were any updates installed recently?
TerryG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 11:39pm
Thanks for the quick response.  I was hoping my issue was a known condition.  Looks like that is not the case.  

I did set the UEFI back to default a couple times in addition to the bios update.  I also tried enabling and disabling some memory states but these changes had no effect on the problem.  I looked in Event Viewer and all I see are entries related to powering down the computer.  It is running Win 10, has been for several months.  Doesn't seem like there would be a real fault in the memory as the computer runs just fine.  Only issue is the wake from sleep.

I am going to try to roll back the bios and see what happens.  I won't be able to try it for about a week or so.  I will let you know what happens.

Thank you very much,
Terry
Asrock Z87 Extreme 4
Intel Core i5 4670K
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 12:04am
Also, depending on just what Sleep Mode, check that there's enough room on your designated HDD/SSD to create the hiberfil file
TerryG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TerryG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 11:56pm
Sleep is working normally again.  Yesterday AM I removed three non-essential cards from the mobo, restarted and tested sleep.  Fixed!!!!  I reinstalled the cards one at a time and retested at each step.  Sleep continued to work normally.

Still works today after many tests.

WTF????????

Thanks, maybe this will help someone.
Asrock Z87 Extreme 4
Intel Core i5 4670K
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 12:58am
Poorly seated maybe?

Regardless, glad to see you got it sorted in the end and thank you for posting to let us know Thumbs Up
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 3:49am
Ghosts inside the machine!
TerryG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 9:58am
It's been a few weeks now and sleep continues to be normal. :)

The miracle of electronics!!!

Terry
Asrock Z87 Extreme 4
Intel Core i5 4670K
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 10:15am
Originally posted by TerryG TerryG wrote:

It's been a few weeks now and sleep continues to be normal. :)

The miracle of electronics!!!

Terry

Clap Thumbs Up

Great to hear that Terry.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic