ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hellow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaue3oo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hellow
    Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 5:49am
Hello, first ask you an apology of the Forum, I'm using the google translator by the fact that I am from another country

Let's get to the point, does anyone know how to change the Satan of AHCIpara IDE, I am trying to format my computer for Windows 8, but pops up something like

a mandatory media driver is missing, read some posts on the internet and I saw q can be it!

Thank you
Kaue3oo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaue3oo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 5:49am
AHCI TO IDE
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 8:04am
What motherboard do you have?

And so I'm clear, you want to change away from AHCI to non-AHCI ATA?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Kaue3oo Kaue3oo wrote:

Hello, first ask you an apology of the Forum, I'm using the google translator by the fact that I am from another country

Let's get to the point, does anyone know how to change the Satan of AHCIpara IDE, I am trying to format my computer for Windows 8, but pops up something like

a mandatory media driver is missing, read some posts on the internet and I saw q can be it!

Thank you

Originally posted by Kaue3oo Kaue3oo wrote:

AHCI TO IDE

The SATA mode can be set in the BIOS, in the Storage Configuration screen of ASRock mother boards.

The newest Intel mother boards will not have an IDE setting for the Intel SATA chipset.

I do not think your problem is Windows 8 wants you to use IDE mode. Windows has an AHCI driver it will automatically install since Windows 7. Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 all have the same AHCI driver that will be installed automatically.

What disk drive are you using for Windows 8? Does the disk drive use a SATA cable?

We need to know what model mother board you are using.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic