ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty Pro Gaming x370 OC settings?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morrowless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty Pro Gaming x370 OC settings?
    Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 10:19pm
I'm expecting my board tomorrow. Anyone care to share their stable Ryzen 1700 OC settings? Going to try 3.8 with Noctua air cooler.
mgrandy@hotmail.co.u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgrandy@hotmail.co.u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 9:56am
ones oc setting are set for there machine its highly dangerous to use others!!

start in small amounts 100mhz step per time or less is if you can

when it becomes unstable increase the volts a tad or do b4 which ever dont go mad and slow and steady wins the race. if i remember right there is limits on volts your stuff can take and more volts = heat

use the bios if you have the confidence or just amd overdrive auto it 

the reason its dangerous is you dont know wither the guy is an eskimos romm temps affect clocks

also if you blow your cpu its normally ends in rage for a few weeks

Edited by mgrandy@hotmail.co.u - 11 Mar 2017 at 10:01am
Morrowless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morrowless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 12:51pm
Yes I know, but in this case I'm specifying the motherboard (Fatal1ty Pro Gaming X370) and CPU (Ryzen 1700 non-x). I know 90%+ are capable of 3.8GHz, so it's a safe place to start no? The voltage however is depending on the board so that's why I'm asking. AMD also said up to 1.35V should be safe for 24h use.
Nejaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nejaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 2:20pm
Sorry, no settings to share, but definitely want to see what other's get.  My own meager attempts at OC have only resulted in increasing my RAM speed to 2400MHz.  
Morrowless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morrowless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 10:07pm
I'm a OC noob but it appears if you leave OC at Auto setting (default) then you can choose your target clock speed and the UEFI will handle the voltage details. Pretty cool, and worked like a charm. Running 3.6GHz, idle 28c, load 43c. Crazy good... unless those numbers are lying.
mgrandy@hotmail.co.u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgrandy@hotmail.co.u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 1:26am
even with the same board, same temps room wise, do you know you have the exact same piece of silicon in your cpu? they all might seem similar but honestly its luck of the draw no 2 pieces of silicon will ever be the same.

The auto setting are great for testing high amounts of setting really fast along with general stability going through the above settings. what i usually do is run it and get the last one it runs stable and copy the settings from there into the bios.  so copy the volts/ clocks over as you already know this is stable from the Auto clock then just go from there.  its actually really hard to get above what the auto does but it is possible.

do alot of reading thou and other peoples setting do give you a good guesstimate but shave a lot off there clock/volts and test your own out just in case.

going above what auto states is generally dangerous. same as overclocking so if you really dont need it dont do it. its like a rubber you would rather have one and not need, than need and not have lol

i would start at 2.8 to 3 using bios settings only. volts are much the same in the way clocks work alot of factors are involved like
quality control of the set board
life span of the parts and obviously case and cpu temps
even ram has an effect on how many volts you can put in your machine.

generally its a set rule the cooler you can keep something the more you can push it cooler parts work far more efficiently than parts running at full or above operating temp.

fx 9370 asrock, fatal1ty 970 performance 3.1, NZXT phantom f-atx, AeroCool Integrator 850W, Corsair Hydro Series H100
Nejaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nejaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 10:15am
I have some news!  I haven't touched my CPU settings as I'm waiting for the AM4 mount for my AIO, but I have had success with my RAM.

I have the Fatal1ty Pro Gamer, BIOS v1.55.

Initially, I was using the G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3000.  Best I could clock it to was 2400.  Any higher than that and no post.

One of the moderators posted a new thread about G.Skill releasing AM4 certified RAM.  Likely a marketing ploy, but I was willing to give it shot.  I picked up 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4-2666 and 32GB FlareX DDR4-2400.

With the 16GB kit, I got one boot out of the sticks and then no post regardless of the slot and CMOS resets.  I need to run a MemTest before sending them back for a refund.

I found huge success with the 32GB kit.  With a single stick in slot A2 or B2, I was able to achieve 3200MHz @1.35v and timings of 20 21 21 21 47.  With both sticks I acheived 2933Mhz at the same timings.

I tried several different timing configurations and even 1.375v at 3200 with both sticks, but could not get a reliable post. 

Here's the kit I recommend: G.Skill FlareX 32GB (16GBx2) DDR4-2400 F4-2400C15D-32GFXR.

I know those timings aren't great, but I suspect that as the platform matures and Asrock and AMD provide updates, I'll be able to improve them.
KBS756 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KBS756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 1:11pm
Hi on the OC Question from before ... prob not best to copy my settings but its worked for me on a 2 X370 Professional Fatal1ty Boards and 1 X370 K4 Fatal1ty Board with 2 Different 1700's

offset Overclock +17500 V Core Load Level (Level 2) = 1.35-1.36 Volts (I think what it shows in CPUZ and in Bios)

3.9 GHz all 8 Cores stable while rendering with VRAY Cools fine with a Corsair 110i Cooler 

Too bad RAM's been a dumpster fire for me so far ... 

Edited by KBS756 - 17 Mar 2017 at 1:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic