ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

1.43 BIOS pulled from download - AB350 Pro4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkmcgregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.43 BIOS pulled from download - AB350 Pro4
    Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 1:07am
Is there something that we should know? 
Was there an issue? 
Is there a pending replacement? 
Should those who have 1.43 that appears to be running normally back down to 1.42?

AB350 Pro4 MB download area no longer shows the 1.43 BIOS beta. I've been running that for a week now without any major issues; though there are few quibbles here and there with temp and voltage readings in software, Cool 'N' Quiet misbehaving with manual over clocks, and memory can't go beyond 2667 (my memory is not on the "supported list" so caesura). Why was it pulled?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 5:15am
We'll never get an answer to that.

Assume some Users, taking into consideration the many system configs possible, had issues and it was pulled.

No matter how much testing you do in-house pre-release, it is a hold your breath period when it is posted and released into the "wild'.

hth

cokaznrebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cokaznrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 1:05pm
I just got my motherboard today...I was hoping for that update, apparently it allows you to change the vcore and whatnot...which really needs to happen.

For fun I clicked internet update in BIOS just to see what happened...and lone behold it said 
Update Available
Version 1.5
Notes :
Test

Im guessing theyre about to release 1.5
potyec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote potyec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 2:34pm
I saw they took it off .  If someone need it I can upload it .

Maybe they will release the new because other platforms already have 1.5-1.6
mkmcgregor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkmcgregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 9:53pm
The 1.50 version on internet update has been there since the Beta. 1.43 had this as well. I don't think that's a sign of something coming but rather just work in progress beta release that is not complete. Though they are over due for an update. 1.43 seemed stable. I'm very curious why it was pulled.

Edited by mkmcgregor - 23 Mar 2017 at 9:53pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 10:07pm
BIOS 1.44 just landed in the BETA section for the AB350 Pro4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkmcgregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 10:34pm
Love the note "Add CPU Voltage item in BIOS setup.". That was already in 1.43 and it worked fine :) Maybe something new? Probably something more limited :)

wardog Thanks for the heads up!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkmcgregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 9:20am
1.44 is stable and fixes issues with CPU-Z current CPU voltage. It "appears" to read more normally, but shows lower, but closer to, the set voltage in the BIOS; if manually set. This also appears to fix the issue with Cool 'n' Quiet enabled when manually overclocking. It no longer maxs at 2.7GHz CPU core clock, but I don't see the CPU speed fluctuating either. The voltage does drop, but I think it did this before.

DO NOT use the Internet Flash option after putting 1.44 on the AB350 Pro4. It will state the existance of, allow downloading of, and install a 1.50 version. It will not harm the board and will come back up normally and state 1.50. However, it appears to just be a previous beta since it breaks the voltage and the Cool 'n' Quiet enabled issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic