ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Corsair Memory on X370 Gaming K4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Corsair Memory on X370 Gaming K4
    Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 3:20am
Has anyone had any luck getting Corsair Vengeance LPX 3,000 MHz 16 GB memory kits to run at greater than 2,400 MT/s? on the X370 Gaming K4 board?  I have installed EFI 1.70...
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 5:17am
C'mon. Post the specific Corsair Part Number will ya.
mgilbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 5:24am
Sorry about that...

CMK16GX4M2B3000C15

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 5:30am
Are you using XMP to set them in the BIOS?

And, so you're aware, Ryzen doesn't have a 3000 of 3400 mem divisor yet the BIOS, assuming this kit is compatible, will drop it down to like IIRC 2933 to cover no 3000 divisor
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 11:47am
Originally posted by mgilbert mgilbert wrote:

Sorry about that...

CMK16GX4M2B3000C15

The 3000 kit is not listed in your board's Memory QVL, no doubt due to Ryzen not supporting a 3000 speed memory divider. I see a similar model kit (4 x 8GB) at 2666, so your memory should run at that speed. If that works, try 2933.

I would also skip the XMP profile, or try it but set the memory speed manually. Also, the Ryzen memory controller seems to only want to work at a Command Rate of 1T, so try setting that manually, since Auto will probably give you 2T.
twf85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twf85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 1:04am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

I would also skip the XMP profile, or try it but set the memory speed manually. Also, the Ryzen memory controller seems to only want to work at a Command Rate of 1T, so try setting that manually, since Auto will probably give you 2T.

Where in the BIOS would I adjust this setting? I've been scouring through it and I can't seem to find anything showing "1T", "2T", "Command Rate", or "CR". I updated to the latest stable BIOS (1.60) hoping to get my sticks up to 2933, but nothing seems to work. I know they're not on the QVL, but I was hoping the new BIOS would at least let me get to 2666. Still can't push beyond 2400.

As always, your vast knowledge is very appreciated!
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 1:28am
Originally posted by twf85 twf85 wrote:

Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Where in the BIOS would I adjust this setting? I've been scouring through it and I can't seem to find anything showing "1T", "2T", "Command Rate", or "CR". I updated to the latest stable BIOS (1.60) hoping to get my sticks up to 2933, but nothing seems to work. I know they're not on the QVL, but I was hoping the new BIOS would at least let me get to 2666. Still can't push beyond 2400.

As always, your vast knowledge is very appreciated!

I want to say, with 99.99% certainty, that changing CR/N/T is not possible on Ryzen systems. Everything I've read doesn't mention it and even AMDs own Ryzen Master Utility doesn't.

Over time an ingenuous person may make a util to do so. But BUT that assumes there's a hidden BIOS option to even toggle. And so far I haven't read or heard that changing it is possible.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 1:32am
Originally posted by twf85 twf85 wrote:

Still can't push beyond 2400.

You went with 32GB, or 64GB?

IIRC, it was 32GB. 4x8GB or 2x16GB?

4x8GB is quite a strain on most any IMC, AMD or Intel, to push Mhz higher, or OC with.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic