ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z270 Extreme4 Software or hardware issue?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
PaulGC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z270 Extreme4 Software or hardware issue?
    Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

The best method is using a razor blade to line up each row/column/diagonal. Just be very careful not to bend any more pins in the process. You will probably want to use a magnifying glass and really take your time.

Ok, ill let you know how it goes. Thanks
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 1:34pm
The best method is using a razor blade to line up each row/column/diagonal. Just be very careful not to bend any more pins in the process. You will probably want to use a magnifying glass and really take your time.
PaulGC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 1:17pm
Ok RMA Failed , Even the retailer though they would throw in a new socket.

Ill have a go at straightening the bent pins
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 4:37pm
If are still within your RMA window I would go ahead and do that.

ASRock are pretty good with the bent pin issue, probably because it is an easy enough fix for them. If the RMA doesn't go through for some reason then post back and I can talk you through trying to straighten the offending pins.
PaulGC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 3:45pm
Dropped the pc into a local It service guy today to see if he had any suggestions also asked him to reseat cpu in case i had screwed it up.
picked it it up, he just said it seems like a motherboard issue... no sh*t .!

just stripped it down again and there is bloody thermal paste everywhere from the it guy, not happy.

Pulled the cpu and got a torch to check pins and looks like iohave a few bent pins on the MB. dont know how that would have happened as i was so careful seating the cpu.  I can only assume this is my error as they wouldnt come like this from the supplier?

is this fixable or am i up for a new MB Ouch
PaulGC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by PaulGC PaulGC wrote:

Installing Windows 10 Pro

Hmmmm ......

Have you tried using the Windows to USB tool from Microsoft? It works with a local ISO and as a new download.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

I ask that as it could be whatever program you're currently using has a "switch' that isn't properly set.

But, more than likely it sounds like your memory is not fully seated. You should hear two clicks when it's in.

I'm assuming in both above you have no issue entering and navigating around in the BIOS.

I better ask this too now that I re-read your posts for the third time. Geek

In the BIOS, what are your temps looking like?

Thanks for the replies, have tried a fresh usb & created from MS tool as well as an iso file.
Can navigate bios with no problem and temps are sitting around 30c which is just a bit above room temp atm.

Have reseated memory & also tried with just one stick. also different brand stick i have.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 2:40pm

Hmmmm ......

Have you tried using the Windows to USB tool from Microsoft? It works with a local ISO and as a new download.

I ask that as it could be whatever program you're currently using has a "switch' that isn't properly set.

But, more than likely it sounds like your memory is not fully seated. You should hear two clicks when it's in.

I'm assuming in both above you have no issue entering and navigating around in the BIOS.

I better ask this too now that I re-read your posts for the third time. Geek

In the BIOS, what are your temps looking like?

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 2:31pm

Hmmmm ......

PaulGC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 12:55pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 10:37am
ASRock mother boards will not send a POST beep speaker signal until the option to do that is set to Enabled in the UEFI/BIOS, Boot screen. POST beep is disabled by default, and you must install your own POST beep speaker.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic