ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

EFI Updates

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by mgilbert mgilbert wrote:

In fact, I don't know what changes this update brought, because it STILL hasn't been posted anywhere on ASRock's website.

The underlined above says more of this that I EVER could.

Take a deep breath, stop looking for new BIOSes every 5 minutes, and relax.
mgilbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

In fact, I don't know what changes this update brought, because it STILL hasn't been posted anywhere on ASRock's website.

OK.  Won't bother the forums again.  Bye...
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 11:57pm

Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

OK.  Won't bother the forums again.  Bye...

You're not bothering anything or anyone here in the forum.

Do you see where it is I am, and what it is I am attempting to point out?

While chasing that "magical' BIOS, what with Ryen being just released and BIOS corrections being issued on a STILL regular basis, when will it be, sooner or later, that you go from complaining of BIOS releases to "Great! The ASRock flash util just bricked my BIOS/board. Who do I bitch at for this happening?"

murakume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murakume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 7:43am
Stern Smile On a side note, two new versions of F-Stream have been released in the last week for the Gaming Professional so there is action going on. The download for the non beta version fails as the server appears to be down Tongue but that's beside the point.

I agree that, even downloaded through the UEFI, undocumented BIOS updates should be assumed to brick your motherboard. Too much going on at such a basic level to just wish away a failed attempt, you would have to send your board in if you can't witchcraft your way to recovery.

It's a new platform, virtually everyone is having issues, it is getting better, and it'll all sort out for the most part by mid April or May.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic