ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - x370 Killer Sli/ac w/ 1700x memory and video issue
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 Killer Sli/ac w/ 1700x memory and video issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jadem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x370 Killer Sli/ac w/ 1700x memory and video issue
    Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 7:07am
So I think this might be that I got incompatible memory, but would the bios/uefi screen not show up because I have incompatible memory if I'm trying to use on board HDMI output? This is of course a new system build and considering waiting until the new vega cards release and just use onboard video in the mean time with 32gb ram slotted.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 7:23am
What's the memory kit part number?

Do you see anything on-screen? POST maybe or nothing?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 7:51am
Originally posted by Jadem Jadem wrote:

So I think this might be that I got incompatible memory, but would the bios/uefi screen not show up because I have incompatible memory if I'm trying to use on board HDMI output? This is of course a new system build and considering waiting until the new vega cards release and just use onboard video in the mean time with 32gb ram slotted.

Your thread's title includes the board, X370 Killer SLI/ac, and the processor you are using, the Ryzen 7 1700X.

From your board's Specifications:

Integrated AMD Radeon R7/R5 Series Graphics in A-series APU

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X370%20Killer%20SLIac/index.asp#Specification

Your Ryzen 7 1700X Summit Ridge processor does not have onboard graphics. It is not an A series Bristol Ridge APU processor. Those processors are not available yet. You must use a video card with the 1700X:

Jadem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jadem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 8:12am
Ah darnit. So have to wait on the new memory and find a decent interim video card.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic