ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Pro and BCLK.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 5:37am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Here's what I've found works for setting a REFCLK of so far up to 145 on my Killer SLI/ac

1. Put the graphics card into the PCIE4(x8) slot. A must.

2. When upping DRAM Ratio watch VERY closely that you don't go overboard with the OC. (parsec, it's exactly like when we talked on the phone concerning gonzo CPU MHz results on my OCF)

Too, SMT to Auto but leave HPET Enabled. Both are MUSTS also.
edit 2 (Note: If you've Disabled SMT anytime previously, the only way to RE-Enable it is is to clear the BIOS)

Tinkering with LLC's is a given. Trial and error. Just watch your voltage reactions playing with LLCs. I still haven't found Offsets as reliable.

""2. When upping DRAM Ratio"" from above. I start low and work my way slowly up. That's why I say upping. I prefer to get acquainted with MY systems capabilities rather than simply and improperly reading and copying a strangers post into the BIOS. And yes, I give her a reach around and a kiss when she's done performing what I ask of her. Intimacy Heart.

PCIe bandwith. And this using a GTX 1070. Somewhere, I didn't pay THAT close of attention, around 110 it'll drop to PCIE 2, and then somewhere around 140 it'll drop to PCIe 1.1 . I'll have to redo these to see exactly where the "breaks" occur.

edit:
"Disable SMT" to SMT to Auto

Edited by wardog - 02 May 2017 at 5:48am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic