ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B350 Front Side Bus Speed Control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkmcgregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B350 Front Side Bus Speed Control
    Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 4:06am
Is there a way currently or will there be a way for B350s to control the front side bus speed. AB350 Pro4 BIOS 1.44 beta and there does not appear to be away of adjusting the FSB. Is this something that is reserved for X370 or am I just missing it in the BIOS? I've combed through very option, and cannot find it.

Also, is there a reason why the FSB is reported just below 100; 99.80. Frustrates me when my 40 multiplier is 3991.91; yeah I'm superficial. I know that it does not really matter. However, for overclocking, having FSB access is useful.
cokaznrebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cokaznrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 6:22am
I second this. I know the B350 is capable of this. My memory is also stuck at 3200 and I want to push it more. Since I know this is technically possible with this board, Im asking them to please add this feature or open source the BIOS
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 7:29am
Originally posted by cokaznrebel cokaznrebel wrote:

I second this. I know the B350 is capable of this. My memory is also stuck at 3200 and I want to push it more. Since I know this is technically possible with this board, Im asking them to please add this feature or open source the BIOS

First, you yourself can edit the BIOS. It's not locked down in any way.

Second, "I know the B350 is capable of this.". Then with such a deep understanding and some serious competence lest you brick your own BIOS, editing your own BIOS shouldn't be a issue WinkTongue

Thirdly, have you looked at the AMD Ryzen Master utility?
https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 7:23pm
ATM, and into the foreseeable future(this gen. anyways), no FSB. Only Multiplier.
cokaznrebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cokaznrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 11:35pm
does anyone know if the new bios released yesterday has all features of 1.44?...need dat vcore adjustment
mkmcgregor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkmcgregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 2:01am
Yes it does, but it changes the entry method from dropdown to type in the number; it will coerce the number the nearest valid value.
qwased View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qwased Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 2:08am
only X370 Taichi and Asus C6H can do this.Other boards can't lock pcie freq so you may damage your hardware like hdd by adjusting front side bus speed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic