ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Future Memory Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 6:09pm
You edited out the mem kit you're using? Or am I loosing it?
Nemesis.ie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesis.ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 6:40pm
I didn't edit anything intentionally, but the mouse might have slipped (wrist surgery recently) and my eyesight is problematic so who knows! :)

Or maybe you are losing it. :)

Team TF 3,733MHz 18-20-20-39 XMP profile/spec. 1.2 - 1.4v, 1.35v for XMP profile.

http://www.teamgroupinc.com/en/product/T-Force%20Gaming/Gaming%20Memory%20Modules/DDR4%20MEMORY%20MODULES/XTREEM%20DDR4

Edited by Nemesis.ie - 02 Apr 2017 at 6:53pm
twf85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twf85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 12:32am
Nemesis.ie, what cooling solution are you using?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesis.ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 12:42am
A custom air cooler as the mounting bracket for my Kraken X62 is still MIA.

It's a Thermal take AM3 all coppper finned block with an 80 to 120mm adapter funnel on the top with a 38mm x 120mm (i.e. thick) 2500 rpm beast sucking the air through.

It's heating the peak of acceptable at ~4025 MHz.

The X62 should be massively better and not sound like a jet at take-off!

It's still outperforming my re-lidded Devil's canyon @ 4.8GHz with 3 x rads in a custom loop though, the DC hits 85c under load with 1 x 280mm, 1 x 360mm and 1 x extra thick 140mm fed by a D5 pump.

Edited by Nemesis.ie - 03 Apr 2017 at 12:44am
twf85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twf85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 2:30pm
What temps are you getting at idle?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesis.ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 2:37pm
[URL=][/URL]Hard to say, per AIDA 64, the M/B and e.g. NVME drive are around 35 (22ish ambient).

For the CPU, AIDA reports CPU (presumably the sensor in the socket) and also CPU diode, likely one of the sensors internal to the chip.

I believe the socket sensor is fairly accurate and idles around 30-40, the diode on the other hand is likely the one with the 20c offset, it idles around the same as the socket by rapidly goes strospheric under load, at ~4GHz with the fan @100% its around 95c, with the fan on the standard profile it can hit 105+. I believe the real temperature is more like 85 at this point (based on the finger on the heatsink test and the mentioned offset).

With luck UEFI and software updates will improve the accuracy.

What are you seeing?

Edited by Nemesis.ie - 04 Apr 2017 at 4:14pm
twf85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twf85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 4:27am
I normally use CoreTemp (v1.7), but they have yet to release an update for Ryzen.

In Ryzen Master, my stock idle is usually around 53c. I think it may have once dipped below 50 for a second or two, but it never stayed there while I was monitoring it.

I boosted it up to 4Ghz, and it raised the idle temp about 10c, and that seemed like it was too high for idle. Boosted to 4.2Ghz (or perhaps 4.4, I can never remember now) on my 8350, the idle temps were around 30-40, so seeing ~60c was a bit of a shocker. Mind you, I only have a 120mm radiator, so that could be part of it.

My new memory should arrive sometime this afternoon, and I'm going to swap in a slightly beefier fan to see if that helps with the temps.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesis.ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 2:37pm
The Ryzen master temp does appear to have the offset, so if you have an X cpu it's likely arouind 20-22c too high.

I'd like to know what the UEFI temp cut off is looking at though as I've had shutdowns that appear to be temp based (instant power down) when per this the diode tempp should be arouund 80 and I suspect it shoudln't be triggered until 85+.

This should be a non-issue once I get the Kraken on the job though.

/off-topic. :)

Anyone any news on when the nect UEFI release will appear and if the 1.93D/1.94 includes the new AGESA 1.0.0.4 with the fixes? It came out right around AMD's announcement and does seem to have improved the latency (at the expense of nadwidth. I'm actually hoping it doesn't so the next one should be anoter nice improvement. :)

Regarding the RAM, in real-world use, the improvement latency does seems to be as good/better than having the extra bandwidth. Both would be nice though.

I'm also seeing GPU-Z single core bench speeds @4GHz (2300ish) which is similar to the 7700k stock. That implies Ryzen (for that workload) has a better IPC as the 7700k is running at 4.2GHz at least, but possibly 4.5.

Anyway, back to the RAM chat.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 3:09pm
Latency, above bandwidth.

Now, that can be jiggered to be somewhat a loose statement depending on what latency and freq mem kit we have in the future above 3200.

Yet now latency rules. Currently, Bandwidth will follow latency up the curve.

Edited by wardog - 05 Apr 2017 at 3:10pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesis.ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 3:15pm
Agreed. Tuning is tuning. :)

It's the real-world performance that matters irrespective of what is adjusted to get there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic