ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming CODE 4F

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote twf85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by beigtapel3 beigtapel3 wrote:

Wow, wardog. This is the worst answer to a question I've ever heard...

How do you think he managed to launch the system before and update BIOS with a memory that's not compatible? The system worked fine before but after 1.93D update it doesn't (ironically after a BIOS which improves DRAM compatibility).

I agree that logically it stands to reason that updating the BIOS is likely the culprit here, but taking your frustrations out on a Moderator who is only trying to help will not do you or anyone any favors. It won't motivate ANYONE else to try and help you, and it won't magically help a dead board come back to life.

I've only been building computers for about six years now, but in all that time, I have never once updated a BIOS that did not warn me beforehand about the dangers of the update process. You take the life of the board in your hands when you perform an update. This is not a Ryzen thing, or an ASRock thing. EVERY manufacturer warns of the dangers, and explicitly directs people away from updating if the system is functional with the current BIOS.

1. DO NOT UPDATE A BIOS UNLESS YOU HAVE THE COMPUTER ATTACHED TO A FULLY CHARGED, PURE SINE WAVE UPS.

2. DO NOT UPDATE A BIOS UNLESS YOU CAN STAND TO LOSE THE MOTHERBOARD FOR 30 DAYS OR MORE.

Oftentimes, the sequence of updates can affect the success of any one update. There have been times where I was instructed to update all BIOS updates in their chronological order, that is, not to jump to the latest version.

The OP, in this case, CAME from one beta to another. It was only after he bricked the board on the second beta update that he realized his folly. I mean no offense Mextech, but updating to the first beta you installed was irresponsible enough. Perhaps the successful installation of 1.55 filled you with a false sense of confidence, and that's why you didn't feel trepidation when you nosedived into 1.93D. It's a little unclear why you didn't go from the 1.55 beta to the stable 1.60, but it's a little late for that now.

I wish you the best of luck with the RMA process, I hope you get a working board back soon, and find a compassionate person in your life to let you use their computer in the meantime.

I was tempted myself to jump on the beta bandwagon, but too many people count on me for the work that I do. Embarrassment would have been the least of my worries had I bricked my board. A foolish mistake like that may have cost me some of my clients.

Let this be a lesson to everyone chasing higher memory speeds. Either fork out the cash for RAM that other users have VERIFIED works with a STABLE BIOS, or be patient and wait for ASRock to make some magic happen.

Edited by twf85 - 06 Apr 2017 at 11:24pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 12:40am
Notice 1.93D has been yanked.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic