ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spazgamingnetwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350M Pro4
    Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 9:12pm
Hello everyone,

I just purchased the AB350M Pro4 Micro-Atx motherboard and it should arrive in a few days. This will be my first Asrock motherboard and was wondering if anyone has any tips for me as far as an quirks I should know about or things I should prep for while I wait for my Mobo. I will post a link to my build below. Thanks!

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 10:27pm
yes your 32gb ram kit will not work at 3000 speed yet
hopefully resolved in mid may with a new bios release from amd to the board makers
its a struggle enough for most boards to reach 3000/3200 with 2x 8gb kits
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Spazgamingnetwork View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spazgamingnetwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 1:00am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

yes your 32gb ram kit will not work at 3000 speed yet
hopefully resolved in mid may with a new bios release from amd to the board makers
its a struggle enough for most boards to reach 3000/3200 with 2x 8gb kits

Is this even with the newest bios update? If so i'm still not worried it will be updated soon enough. The corsair LPX memory 3000 is what was sent with the reviewer kits so i'm pretty sure the 32gb kits will work soon enough.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 7:22pm
the latest bios update was mainly
ryzen 5 info
slight adjustments to overclocking the cpu's
some minor tweaks from amd to improve latency
and some bug fix with fm something or other
(exact details of further sticks of ram tested of given xmp profiles would be down to board makers and models of board all differing)
but its not until mid may that you can hope to see the board makers rewrite and release new bios to include amd agesa code 1005 which has been hinted to address the ram speed issues in your case with 32gb

on the bright side
you do have a very popular kit so it should be one of the first ones to be sorted out
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Techyrod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techyrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 8:38am
Running
Asrock b350 -ATX board -
32gb corsair LPX red 2666mhz
And can confirm xmp doesn't work and I'm limited to 2133 until future Bios updates
Xmp did work with 2 sticks but anything
Waiting for next Bios update ??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spazgamingnetwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 12:24pm
Ok so everything is installed and up and running. I am however having memory issues in being that it is only reading one of my sticks, so only 16gb is only showing. Now is this normal or is the other stick not slotted correctly? I have no problem reseating it but just wanted to see if this is an issue? Everything seemed fine when I installed but... If I don't see a reply by morning I will just retry anyway. Thanks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spazgamingnetwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 2:08pm
Sorry for bumping, but this was totally unsafe so felt I had to post this. Well I reseated my memory and fired up my CPU again with the side open and discovered to my horror that the pc turned on even though the cpu fan was not spinning, upon inspection I had managed to have 3 of the 4 pins connected but the 4th was not and the pc still fired up. Not sure why the cpu was able to boot up but I am actually really happy I had the memory problem and decided to check on it tonight rather than tomorrow morning.  The Be Quiet Black Rock Pro 3 is now keeping my cpu cool at a nice 27 degrees celcius while idle. :)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 2:23pm
So long as the heatsink is correctly installed and there is airflow in the case the system will still run fine at low load. It would run hot but not hot enough to cause damage. Once you run a game or another CPU intensive task however you would have encountered thermal throttling or shut down depending on how hot the CPU got.

I can run my G3258 at stock speeds with my Frio OCK completely passive (fan assembly removed). Modern tower coolers have a huge surface area.

I still wouldn't recommend using a PC without a heatsink fan but it shouldn't burn your system to a crisp Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic