ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 - NIC not recognized

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waseh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 9:52pm
Yea i tried a different Ethernet cable as well.
I just removed the motherboard from the case and installed all the hardware again. Same result. The first five minutes or so from a cold boot without any power to the motherboard at all the NIC works in UEFI and is able to connect to ASRocks servers for bios updates. Five minutes later both lights next to the Ethernet port on the motherboard goes dark and I am unable to connect to the bios update server. The Ethernet cable does give a connection when used on my laptop.

I think I'm ready to call it a dead NIC/board
Waseh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waseh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 10:15pm
Just to rule out all the last things I hadn't checked I tried another stick of DDR4 ram, no effect. Then another known good psu with no effect either. I will be sending back the board it seems
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 10:58pm
It sounds like the NIC chip or something related to it is failing.

You probably tried this, but when the NIC seems to go off, meaning you lose connection and its LEDs no longer are on, if you unplug the network cable and then connect it again, does the NIC chip wake up?

You seem confident that your router is working fine, so it must be a bad board, sorry to say. I've never had an Intel NIC chip go bad, but if things seem to break early in the life of a board, it's the board. Wink
Waseh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waseh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 11:30pm
When the lights on the NIC goes out removing and reinserting the cable does not wake back up the NIC. Once it goes down it pretty much stays down.

I just reassembled my old rig which works fine on the same Ethernet cable connected to the same port on the same switch with no issues ;)

Yea I'm pretty surprised by the bad Intel NIC as well. I've had my share of troublesome Realtek NICs so it's one of the reasons I went with a X370 board (only ones that seem to have Intel NICs) but it didn't save me this time it seems ;)
jorko80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jorko80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 3:46pm
Hello, I'm having the exact same problem. I've tried many things, but the problem persists. It works for about 10mins and then comes code 43. Can you tell me what type of CPU-cooler did you used ?
Thundernerd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thundernerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 6:10am
Very similar problem here, I had another thread about it. For the first couple weeks device manager couldn't even find the NIC. I bought a standalone PCIe network card, and after a week of running on that I decided to try the on-board again. This time it showed up in device manager. Will have to monitor it for stability now, but not a good way to start out.
realist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote realist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 7:26am
I also have this problem. Seems like an issue from the production line? I bought this from April.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic