ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

2.20 @ Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grenrozo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2.20 @ Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
    Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 6:42pm
who was the first brave to update? :)
How it's working?

kebabremover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebabremover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 9:35pm
it works pretty alright, it reset my 3.9gh oc and my 2666mhz (F4-3200C16D-16GTZB) ram oc, ill see if i can get my ram to 2993-3200 and ill get back to this post

Save your OC settings before you update BIOS

****************EDIT******************
post times seem to have become faster
single thread performance was a slightly better on cpuz bench test
XMP profiles still don't seem to work with my ram (cant overclock my ram past 2666mhz manually)

Edited by kebabremover - 26 Apr 2017 at 10:02pm
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 10:16pm
just a thought and addition to this thread

it is recommended to first
reset the bios to default/safe settings before attempting a bios flash (SAVE AND EXIT)
and second
to only flash bios from instant flash (bios) or a bootable DOS enviroment
DO NOT USE WINDOWS
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by kebabremover kebabremover wrote:

it works pretty alright, it reset my 3.9gh oc and my 2666mhz (F4-3200C16D-16GTZB) ram oc, ill see if i can get my ram to 2993-3200 and ill get back to this post

Save your OC settings before you update BIOS

XMP profiles still don't seem to work with my ram (cant overclock my ram past 2666mhz manually)

All these new Ryzen board updates seem to have is an update to the AGESA string to 1.0.0.4a, but as we know the update description does not cover all updates, unfortunately.

I'll be trying the similar 2.30 version for my board.

You say that POST seems to be faster? That is certainly welcome.

The XMP profiles for DDR4 memory that was released before Ryzen, and designed for Intel Z170 and Z270 boards, like your F4-3200C16D-16GTZB, tend to not work with Ryzen systems. The main thing seems to be the Command Rate (CR) XMP data is always 2 for Intel, while Ryzen prefers a CR of 1 for memory speeds above 2400.

I use G.SKILL FlareX 3200 memory, supposedly designed for Ryzen, and so far the XMP profile does not work. Or at least it won't work at 3200. All we can do now is set the timings, speed, and DRAM voltage manually. Also, increasing the SOC voltage from the default 0.900V apparently helps with higher memory speeds. The voltage to use is a pure guess, but I've seen people use 1.4V or more. I'm NOT sure how safe that is, so please be careful if you try increasing the SOC voltage. That is similar to increasing the VCCIO and VCCSA voltages on Intel Z170 and Z270 systems for higher memory over clocks.

One thing I must say about saving the OC settings before any UEFI/BIOS update, which is good advice, is this. All ASRock UEFI updates will remove any UEFI profiles you have saved from the previous version. That's because the existing profile may not match the layout of the new UEFI version. So saving your OC and other settings must be done manually, by writing them down.

Another thing you can do is put a USB flash drive in a USB port on the IO panel, and when in the UEFI UI with a screen displayed, press the F12 key. That will save a picture of the screen (only what you see on the monitor) to a file on the flash drive. You should see a message that the screen image was saved after pressing F12.
grenrozo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grenrozo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 1:11am
from which bios ver. you updated?

Edited by grenrozo - 28 Apr 2017 at 2:16am
Radical_53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radical_53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 2:35am
I tried 2.20 today and so far, I only saw that I couldn't run my memory at 2933 anymore. 
Before, I used to run 2933 with 1.35V and CL18, now it works fine at 2666 with 1.20V and CL16. 
Seems I'll have to wait for them to fix RAM anyhow...
kebabremover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebabremover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 2:48am
Originally posted by grenrozo grenrozo wrote:

from which bios ver. you updated?

From 2.10
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic