ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ATA/ATAPI Devices failed to boot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiggs0422 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 6:03pm

Dear admin,

How to delete this post? Because no one can help me. Much better to remove this.

Thanks 

jiggs0422 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiggs0422 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 6:05pm

Dear admin,

How to delete this post? Because no one can help me. Much better to remove this.

Thanks 
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by jiggs0422 jiggs0422 wrote:

Please help,

I just reformatted my pc several times because even after fresh reformatted it keeps on freezing. the OS is Windows 10 home. This started freezing since after update of windows. 
Then after 7 times of reformatting I decided to delete the System Reserved and the Main partition before formatting. and after that the freezing problem is solved.

But 2 problem I encountered:

1.  The restart is not working properly. My monitor will turn off but my pc is still running. All fans and lights are still running. So to escape this situation I will manually press the power button for a couple of seconds until it turn off.

Note: The shutting down doesn't have a problem, only the restart.

2. If I activate the X-Boost, before it proceeds to windows, a message will appear:
Detected ATA/ATAPI Devices...
The system failed to boot several times before.
You may press F2 or DEL to enter SETUP to reconfigure your system
or UEFI will continue to boot after 9 seconds..

But if the X-boost is OFF. This message will NOT appear.

PLEASE HELP ME...  :(

ASrock970extreme AMD

Corsair 200gb SSD

Corsair 850w 80plus bronze

I cannot find solutions over the internet, and I even contact (chat) Microsoft they can't resolve either, they told me that they will pass me to their level 2 team technician. But I am afraid of might something it will happen that can cause severe damage. That's why I did not allowed their level 2 team to fix the issue.

My pc is running smoothly now and only the restarting issue I get annoyed.
What I did is avoid the restart, if I want to restart my pc, I will shutdown first, then turn on.

I disabled the Windows Automatic Update

My CPU is Corsair 600watts 80bronze

my assembled CPU is 3 years old already and this is the 1st time that my pc broken. since the last automatic update of windows10.

Please understand you have an unusual problem and we have very little information about the things that happened before the problem started. We have rarely had problems like this in the forum, and do not have a simple fix for it.

You said you have an ASRock 970 Extreme mother board. There are THREE ASRock 970 Extreme mother boards:

970 Extreme4:  http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970%20Extreme4/index.asp

970 Extreme3 R2.0: http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970%20Extreme3%20R2.0/index.asp

970 Extreme3: http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970%20Extreme3/index.asp

So we still do not know which mother board you are using. After checking each of these boards, it seems you have the 970 Extreme3 R2.0. Is that right?

I think English is not your native language, so you might have some trouble writing what is happening. Let's look at what you wrote in your first post:

1.  The restart is not working properly. My monitor will turn off but my pc is still running. All fans and lights are still running. So to escape this situation I will manually press the power button for a couple of seconds until it turn off.

Note: The shutting down doesn't have a problem, only the restart.

A restart is when you are using Windows, and want to start the PC over again, and go back into Windows, and the PC will still be running. You said you press the power button to turn off the PC, but a restart does not turn off a PC. We are confused about what is happening here, it does not make sense, sorry to say. You will need to explain this better.

jiggs0422 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiggs0422 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 6:09pm
I have the 970 Extreme4.

Yes  you are correct, English is not may native language. But I guess I don't have some trouble in writing what is happening. Maybe you might have some trouble of reading comprehension.

Yes I understand that I have an unusual problem that is why I go into this forum to seek some help.
I know what a restart is, and I also know that a restart will not turn off the PC, I did not mention that I want to turn off my pc using restart :)

To use the restart, I click the windows logo on the lower left side of the screen then click the restart. As we all know the restart will not turn off the monitor, because my intention of restarting is to go back into Windows again. But the problem is, my monitor will shut down while the pc is still running during the restarting process. So what will I do? I am not seeing anything because the monitor is turn off. My intention is to go back to windows again using the restart.

That is why I mentioned what I did. I press the power button to turn off the pc.
Then I will press the power button again to turn it on. So I can use my pc again

The only problem is the restart, it does not proceed to windows again because the monitor is shut down :(

Please ask me question if its still unclear. Do not leave me hang like I don't know if someone will reply or not.

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic