ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 taichi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nroeder4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 taichi
    Posted: 07 May 2017 at 3:51pm
Hello and thanks for reading. Wondering if anyone else was having some issues with realtek? My problem started with a screeching distortion sound in the headphones. I couldn't get the mic to work no playback. After messing around with settings disabling certain things messing with volume controls I got the mic to work. The problem is its really quite amd if I turn it up at all the distortion gets bad. Ive tried installing uninstall then reinstalling and same thing. Only clue I have is when hitting troubleshoot it says generic audio driver. Not sure if this is mobo problem or case prob. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Prodif View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prodif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Nroeder4 Nroeder4 wrote:

Hello and thanks for reading. Wondering if anyone else was having some issues with realtek? My problem started with a screeching distortion sound in the headphones. I couldn't get the mic to work no playback. After messing around with settings disabling certain things messing with volume controls I got the mic to work. The problem is its really quite amd if I turn it up at all the distortion gets bad. Ive tried installing uninstall then reinstalling and same thing. Only clue I have is when hitting troubleshoot it says generic audio driver. Not sure if this is mobo problem or case prob. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What version Windows? 7/8.1/10 1607/1703 ..
What version Realtek audio driver ? http://station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=select&id=532&lang=en
AMD chipset drivers - Supports Windows 10/8.1/7
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows+10+-+64

Edited by Prodif - 07 May 2017 at 7:46pm
ASRock x370 Taichi (bios v2.36) / Ryzen-1800X / Crucial CT16G4DFD824A x2 / GPU: AMD R9 NANO / SSD NVMe Samsung 960 PRO MZ-V6P1T0BW (M.2) / HDD SATA 3TB x6 / PSU: Corsair AX860i
ps. RedDragon, by AG
Nroeder4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nroeder4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 9:57pm
I have windows 10 and the last driver I tried was the one directly from the asrock site under my motherboard
Catweasel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 1:37am
Hey,

I'm having a similar issue.

I'm experiencing the same symptoms only from the front headphone & microphone jacks. 
I haven't narrowed it down to the headers or the case cables / jacks.
As an FYI, my case is a phanteks enthoo evolv.

I can confirm though, that the audio & microphone work as expected when plugged directly into the back of the motherboard.

Nroeder4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nroeder4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 1:40am
I wish my back ports worked unfortunately I had to go buy a sound card to fix the issue. I could have exchanged it out but taking it all apart again was worth the price of a new sound card lol.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 2:46am
try changinf the setting in bios
it can be either HD or ac97

i remember when i first tried my fornt ports it was awful
i mean un -usable with distortion etc
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Catweasel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 12:46pm
Thanks, but I have tried that.

Interesting enough, basically no change between HD and ac97 for me...

Potentially bad bios / bad flash?
Can someone pls check and see if there is a difference when they toggle the setting?

Thanks in advance.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 1:34pm
Dunno if the newer Realtek drivers will help but.........

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3
Catweasel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 3:53pm
Ok... really interesting.

I flashed the bios with 2.2 (just noticed 2.3 is just released btw), and this fixed the issue wth the front jacks.

Very happy now, and thanks for all the suggestions.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 3:57pm
Glad to hear it, thank you for being so patient Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic